audio technica ath-anc9 vs sennheiser pxc 450

Cs342

Need help deciding between these 2 for airplane use. Both are heavily discounted on Amazon right now. Thanks!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

PCMag seems to be the only place that has reviews for both. They rate the Sennheisers higher. 

Here are the links

Audio-Technica

Sennheiser

Here is a review from Head-Fi on the Audio-Technicas if you want to read up some more, as PCMag isn't really a be-all end-all site when it comes to headphone reviews. - http://www.head-fi.org/t/616920/audio-technica-ath-anc9-review-quiet-is-an-understatement

Short Head-Fi review on the Senns - http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-pxc-450-active-noise-canceling-headphones/reviews/10777

Are you open to other headphones? The Sony MDR10RNC are a good choice too. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

PCMag seems to be the only place that has reviews for both. They rate the Sennheisers higher. 

Here are the links

Audio-Technica

Sennheiser

Here is a review from Head-Fi on the Audio-Technicas if you want to read up some more, as PCMag isn't really a be-all end-all site when it comes to headphone reviews. - http://www.head-fi.org/t/616920/audio-technica-ath-anc9-review-quiet-is-an-understatement

Short Head-Fi review on the Senns - http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-pxc-450-active-noise-canceling-headphones/reviews/10777

Are you open to other headphones? The Sony MDR10RNC are a good choice too. 

Those Sony headphones are 30% off right now. Are they worth it over the Senns (they're cheaper too)?

Those Sony headphones are 30% off right now. Are they worth it over the Senns (they're cheaper too)?

To be completely honest, I don't know much about noise canceling headphones. I tend to go for open back, which are kinda the complete opposite :lol:

My cousin has a pair of the Sony's and they're not bad. I tried them around a year ago though so I don't remember exactly how they sounded, sorry  :P

I would go with the Senns, to be honest. It's a pretty damn good deal if the retail is indeed $450. Plus the reviews of it overall seem pretty positive. If I were you I would buy them, try them out, and if you don't like them you could always return them and get the Sony/Audio-Technicas. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

To be completely honest, I don't know much about noise canceling headphones. I tend to go for open back, which are kinda the complete opposite :lol:

My cousin has a pair of the Sony's and they're not bad. I tried them around a year ago though so I don't remember exactly how they sounded, sorry  :P

I would go with the Senns, to be honest. It's a pretty damn good deal if the retail is indeed $450. Plus the reviews of it overall seem pretty positive. Buy them, try them out, and if you don't like them you could always return them and get the Sony/Audio-Technicas. 

The Senns seem like really big headphones that won't be portable. I'm probably gonna get them anyway though

The Senns seem like really big headphones that won't be portable. I'm probably gonna get them anyway though

Well do they have to be very portable if you're going to be listening to them while sitting on an airplane?  ;)

Well do they have to be very portable if you're going to be listening to them while sitting on an airplane?  ;)

They need to be portable enough that I would actually bother to bring them, but other than that no, not really. Also if they're too bulky I'll look like an idiot lol

They need to be portable enough that I would actually bother to bring them, but other than that no, not really. Also if they're too bulky I'll look like an idiot lol

Here are some pics of the Senns on some random person's head. 

2.jpg

They're pretty big, but not big enough for it to become a portability issue IMO. And I don't think theyre big enough to make you look like an idiot, well at least not as much as these

33d236a0_Jecklin_Float_Electrostat.jpeg

.. or these

edit: even better pic

pg2_g_waynebeats_576.jpg

2.jpg

They're pretty big, but not big enough for it to become a portability issue IMO. And I don't think theyre big enough to make you look like an idiot, well at least not as much as these

.. or these

win-these-beats-by-dr-dre-studio.jpg

LOL gg

2.jpg

.. or these

edit: even better pic

pg2_g_waynebeats_576.jpg

bought these for a massive discount instead

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009QFG5X6/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1417399537&sr=1&keywords=able+planet