Need some new headphones for gaming and whatever else

Zohan2000

so my beloved Plantronics Gamecom 780 headset is coming to the end of its life, the ear cups are falling apart and the cable is breaking so i need another good headset or headphones with a mic, got no idea what to look for in a headset so need some help from the wizards of LTT, something with good clear surround sound, good for movies and music and gaming, ummm also what is a good pair of headphones with the 3.5 audio jack for listening to music or movies for a phone?

have a budget of $200 AUD and prefer to buy from PC Case Gear

thank you for reading, will be looking forward to the replies :3

so on a budget of roughly $300 AUD bit overkill yes but want something of a decent quality that will last for quite awhile

so on a budget of roughly $300 AUD bit overkill yes but want something of a decent quality that will last for quite awhile

HD598's with a modmic. That's about $215 from DWI and the modmic is $59 (excl. shipping) from PCCG.

Right now, massdrop has an amazing deal on the AKG 7XXs for $200. These headphones compete with the Sennheiser HD600s, which are $400. I'd recommend those with a $10 zalman mic or the more premium modmic 4.0.

The akgs are 62 ohms, so they should be okay running off your onboard sound. If they don't sound great, I'd recommend the fiio e10 off of ebay. You can get it for about $50. The newer e10k is also good, but is $75, which is a bit out of your price range. Also, it can only power up to 150 ohms, which may not be enough if you buy some higher end headphones in the future. The older e10 can do 300 ohms.

Linus's review of the AKG 7XX's:

Right now, massdrop has an amazing deal on the AKG 7XXs for $200. These headphones compete with the Sennheiser HD600s, which are $400. I'd recommend those with a $10 zalman mic or the more premium modmic 4.0.

The akgs are 62 ohms, so they should be okay running off your onboard sound. If they don't sound great, I'd recommend the fiio e10 off of ebay. You can get it for about $50. The newer e10k is also good, but is $75, which is a bit out of your price range. Also, it can only power up to 150 ohms, which may not be enough if you buy some higher end headphones in the future. The older e10 can do 300 ohms.

Linus's review of the AKG 7XX's:

Are you a traffic sign? Because stop.

If you like treble emphasized headphone, go with Audio technica AD700X or AD900X

If you like a "warmer" sounding headphone, go with sennheiser HD558 or HD598

For both of them, get blue snowflake or antlion modmic 

after a day of spending money i now only have a budget of $200 AUD, will look into the stuff on PC Case Gear website and see whats there

so at the moment im looking at the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO headset and the Kingston HyperX Cloud Gaming headset, any thoughts?