Crossfire R9 280x OR GTX 970?

Hey guys, I am thinking about upgrading my GPU, I currently have one MSI R9 280x sitting in my system, only two months old, I was wondering which would be the best option, to crossfire with another R9 280x? Or to sell my current one (I have a friend already willing to buy for a reasonable price) and buy a GTX 970? 

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Gannicius 

Wait until the R9 390X comes out.

Do you reckon it would be of the same price range? Because I work part time around college and can't afford to fork out £450 for a new GPU.

Wait until AMD release their new cards OP. By then you could have more cash to spare, but as of now that card can handle anything @1080p just fine.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I just want something with a little more kick, I want to make sure I'm settled for a lot longer, as in the future I can't guarantee an income to sustain this addiction I have of upgrading and building around my PC, so if I ever can't upgrade, better to be prepared for it. :P 

if waiting a month or two (or more) is not an issue, the 960 is looking like secksy beasht.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR