CoD: Advanced Warfare release in 3 days - Still no SLI support

OlekKing

All these emotional appeals, go on, go on.

No, I'm just saying that YOU are a stupid 15 year old with no real experience, so please stop talking out of your ass.

You're the one who felt the need to resort to ad hominem first, not me.

And i'm not ruining the Internet simply for calling out kids like you for your ignorance, well maybe for you i am, since you're so pissed off.

I have a 9 year old cousin that's proven to be a better coder than college students majoring in computer science. Age means nothing. That you so quickly grasped onto his age and tried to make that a relevant argument is just petty. It was also petty to imply his 280X as low end... 2 years ago that was a $550 card. 

ANYWAY... you both sound silly. COD may not be a hard game to run compared to Far Cry 3 or Crysis 3, but I've got to admit that I was impressed at the graphics in that video. Not as good as other games, but COD isn't going for that. It SHOULD have SLI/Crossfire support so as to run at 4k at 60+fps, but doesn't because Activision (I think that's the developer...) doesn't want their devs working so much on the port when they could be getting to the next COD in line, which probably gets 90% or more of its sales from console.

Oh it looks exactly like it just slightly improved haha

I sadly only want to play it to see Kevin Spacey ..... (as completely sad as that sounds)

i also want see Kevin Spacey, and all the new techno war machines  B)

- - - - 

i still need do some research on the engine of AW1   :ph34r:​ (green, red, blue ?)

I have a 9 year old cousin that's proven to be a better coder than college students majoring in computer science. Age means nothing. That you so quickly grasped onto his age and tried to make that a relevant argument is just petty. It was also petty to imply his 280X as low end... 2 years ago that was a $550 card. 

ANYWAY... you both sound silly. COD may not be a hard game to run compared to Far Cry 3 or Crysis 3, but I've got to admit that I was impressed at the graphics in that video. Not as good as other games, but COD isn't going for that. It SHOULD have SLI/Crossfire support so as to run at 4k at 60+fps, but doesn't because Activision (I think that's the developer...) doesn't want their devs working so much on the port when they could be getting to the next COD in line, which probably gets 90% or more of its sales from console.

I didn't try to make it a relevant argument, i just said that it put some things into perspective for me. Why are you using an anecdote as a relevant argument? You're going to deny that the very, very vast majority of teenagers are fucking idiots who pretend to be special pumpkins?

I've been familiar with PC hardware and 3D computing for the last 10 years, if you're going to say those screenshots are CGI and not in-game or even in-engine then you've shown yourself to be an uninformed idiot.

If you want to talk about pettiness then refer to his original post where he goes on to call me mentally ill and stupid. If that's how you begin your approach to me then i'll give back the favor, i'm not going to be politically correct and pretend to have some high ground, i'll step down to that level if that's how you like it.

I went on to explain why he is wrong but he just threw more shit at me, he deserved nothing else from me.

The old CoD titles had SLI support out of the box on almost every release IIRC. It really doesn't cost them much time, they just have to contact Nvidia, send the game and code ahead of release and they'll handle most of the work.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

This has been happening more and more lately. Lots of games have released with no SLI support

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I didn't try to make it a relevant argument, i just said that it put some things into perspective for me. Why are you using an anecdote as a relevant argument? You're going to deny that the very, very vast majority of teenagers are fucking idiots who pretend to be special pumpkins?

I've been familiar with PC hardware and 3D computing for the last 10 years, if you're going to say those screenshots are CGI and not in-game or even in-engine then you've shown yourself to be an uninformed idiot.

If you want to talk about pettiness then refer to his original post where he goes on to call me mentally ill and stupid. If that's how you begin your approach to me then i'll give back the favor, i'm not going to be politically correct and pretend to have some high ground, i'll step down to that level if that's how you like it.

I went on to explain why he is wrong but he just threw more shit at me, he deserved nothing else from me.

The old CoD titles had SLI support out of the box on almost every release IIRC. It really doesn't cost them much time, they just have to contact Nvidia, send the game and code ahead of release and they'll handle most of the work.

And you started off so well too, because yes, I've got to grant you that most teenagers are exactly as you describe. MOST, not all; Woof seems plenty intelligent enough to treat him like an adult.

I never said anything about the screenshots vs. CGI, so I guess I would NOT classify as an uninformed idiot... in fact I said I was impressed by its graphics.

Didn't look to see what the first post was that started the argument, but I gave up on allowing "who started it" to be relevant. With the amount of diversity on the internet, it's always seemed like a pointless exercise. I go on a post by post basis.

AND LASTLY, if it really is that easy to implement SLI, then Activision deserves a boot to the head for not implementing it.

One thing to note is this game had two years development time and will go through a three year life cycle. All other games were 1 dev year in a two year life cycle. This game shouldn't have the initial bugs Ghosts did and if it does; SledgeHammer should be shot for it. They do seem to be doing a better job than Infinity Ward though. Infinity Ward really were a pathetic dev studio. The amount of shit they left out was unreal. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

And you started off so well too, because yes, I've got to grant you that most teenagers are exactly as you describe. MOST, not all; Woof seems plenty intelligent enough to treat him like an adult.

I never said anything about the screenshots vs. CGI, so I guess I would NOT classify as an uninformed idiot... in fact I said I was impressed by its graphics.

Didn't look to see what the first post was that started the argument, but I gave up on allowing "who started it" to be relevant. With the amount of diversity on the internet, it's always seemed like a pointless exercise. I go on a post by post basis.

AND LASTLY, if it really is that easy to implement SLI, then Activision deserves a boot to the head for not implementing it.

It really is that simple, they just send Nvidia a build of the game as well as certain source code and they're the ones who do most of the job.

"Dude go see a doctor, your mental illness is making you look rather stupid  ;)  Right, that statement is just a prime example of intelligence and adulthood, not even  a pinch of the most basic fucking respect. I'm not someone who tolerates that kind of behavior.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Shame there's so much anger in this thread. I really like the CoD series. I mean yea, it's expensive to buy into it annually but I genuinely enjoy it a lot. I'm also saddened by the lack of SLI support :(

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

is cool and easy build for the PC, and the XBO, and PS4  ^_^ (is all x86)

is that crappy old consoles (with all the s old tech inside) the guilty of the delays and bugs (to me) PS3 - XB360  <_<

and i really think this SLI process "is hard to implement for all companies" because nvidia is doing this process to HARD

- - - - 

(it be so cool if the new AW1 engine can run on mantle lol)  :ph34r:

No one with a serious SLI rig plays CoD. And like you would need SLI to run it. A R7 260x can pobably run it at "ultra" 4k.

Pretty sure Jay, from JayzTwoCents, plays CoD

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Pretty sure Jay, from JayzTwoCents, plays CoD

I got a pair of 980s (not 3 like Jay) and I play Blops2. The rig you have has nothing to do with the games you play. If I wanna buy 4 titans and a 5960x to play super meat boy, who's gonna stop me?

The exact same bs happens with musical instruments. You're told that a cheap guitar is a beginners guitar and if you're just starting you should buy a cheap one. WRONG. It's harder to play cheap guitars and you wont want to play it so you wont learn to play it. Buying something you want to use, no matter how "overkill" or whatever is the best way to do it because you're more likely to use something you love, rather than something you resent.

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

No one with a serious SLI rig plays CoD. And like you would need SLI to run it. A R7 260x can pobably run it at "ultra" 4k.

Yeah my 780ti couldn't run Ghosts max settings @ 1080p constant 60fps ... dat PC optimization though

i'm not much of a CoD player myself, nor do i have multiple cards in SLI but seeing as it's somewhat of a standard amongst PC gaming enthusiasts i feel it's disconcerting that a "triple A" title would not support SLI

Yeah my 780ti couldn't run Ghosts max settings @ 1080p constant 60fps ... dat PC optimization though

Ghosts was a failure on so many fronts, more people playing Blops 2 than Ghosts atm, even it's one year older.

What kind of BS is that?

I have a ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz G-Sync monitor, i want both the high resolution and the high framerate, i also plan to use DSR int the future once they make it work with SLI + G-Sync setups like mine...

I keep seeing stupid posts like that claiming "OOOOH THAT'S OVERKILL, YOU DON'T NEED SLI FOR THAT YOU IDIOT!!"

That's completely ridiculous, i have SLI because i want to max out every game while keeping high framerates and also to downsample crazy resolutions.

Dude, don't take the comments so personal it is just popular to make fun of CoD games. I play MW3 and Ghosts but at present, i won't be purchasing AWF because steam/activision can't give me an answer on what they plan to do to lessen/eradicate the hacking and i find AWF is trying to become like Titanfall.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

You're going to tell me with a straight face that you think this is all CG?

-snip

Definitely.

CoD has the reputation it does, for a reason. It's a crappy game, it hasn't really changed all that much since it began. If it weren't for DICE making incredibly stupid decisions, and having netcode problems, battlefield would have killed off CoD by now.

CoD has become the standard by which crap games are judged in my opinion. The only thing they really change most of the time, is the number beside the name. Sure, this new one might have jetpacks and stuff but it will still be the same shit engine, with the same shit game play, with the same shit players. While there might be a few people on it that are decent to play with, the overwhelming majority will still be 8 year old's screaming obscenities at you, how or why anyone wants to play with that, is beyond me.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Do you think this could effect crossfire, like does AMD have a say in this "SLI Disabled for now" business?

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

Just looks like titanfall without mechs , I kept with cod till black ops 2 even when I swapped to pc it wasnt bad but then ghost comes around and they just dropped any pc support and that just hit the last nail in the coffin for me now I play pretty much purely cs go competitive.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Me too, CoD4 and Bo1 :)

But the newer games are kind of meh.

I haven't played a new CoD since Blops2

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Ghosts was a failure on so many fronts, more people playing Blops 2 than Ghosts atm, even it's one year older.

Dat lack of FOV Slider. Tried playing for more than 20 minutes once, didn't turn out so well.

Definitely.

CoD has the reputation it does, for a reason. It's a crappy game, it hasn't really changed all that much since it began. If it weren't for DICE making incredibly stupid decisions, and having netcode problems, battlefield would have killed off CoD by now.

CoD has become the standard by which crap games are judged in my opinion. The only thing they really change most of the time, is the number beside the name. Sure, this new one might have jetpacks and stuff but it will still be the same shit engine, with the same shit game play, with the same shit players. While there might be a few people on it that are decent to play with, the overwhelming majority will still be 8 year old's screaming obscenities at you, how or why anyone wants to play with that, is beyond me.

That was a rhetorical question, if you in all honesty think that is CG, you're ignorant.

I'm not debating whether they are marketing bullshots, they look okay, not amazing.

People still play CoD?

Yeah, kids...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8