ASUS ROG G20AJ-US006S good bang for your buck?

So I was browsing newegg when a new product they have caught my eye.  For 699$ I think it's a pretty decent desktop, especially for someone who isn't really in the alley to build their own computer.  What do you guys think, is it worth it? The main thing for me is it includes windows 8.1 which is a pretty hefty price by itself when building your own rig.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220796&cm_re=asus_rog_desktop-_-83-220-796-_-Product

Oh god. A 745? 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

So I was browsing newegg when a new product they have caught my eye.  For 699$ I think it's a pretty decent desktop, especially for someone who isn't really in the alley to build their own computer.  What do you guys think, is it worth it? The main thing for me is it includes windows 8.1 which is a pretty hefty price by itself when building your own rig.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220796&cm_re=asus_rog_desktop-_-83-220-796-_-Product

Eeeeehhh it's okay, but you're still paying some moolah for the ROG branding.

"Rawr XD"

No. a product with those specs built would probably cost someone around $300-400. those specs, I'm sorry to say, are kind of pathetic...

I mean, it's passable, but I'm a price-to-performance nutcase, so... No. Build you computer from scratch. Don't be scared, it's not hard, and we'll walk you through every step of the way if you need.

eeehhh

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The main thing for me is it includes windows 8.1 which is a pretty hefty price by itself when building your own rig.  

You can put a Windows 10 preview on your machine. It's free, and while you won't get it free as a consumer release later, odds are it'll still be pretty cheap (if Microsoft has any sense at all, which I concede is far from a given)

No. a product with those specs built would probably cost someone around $300-400. those specs, I'm sorry to say, are kind of pathetic...

I mean, it's passable, but I'm a price-to-performance nutcase, so... No. Build you computer from scratch. Don't be scared, it's not hard, and we'll walk you through every step of the way if you need.

I build all my computers, its honestly been like 6 months since I've been in the loop so seeing this caught my eye but a quick search of the parts made me realize just how cheap it is now.  And here I am thinking R9 290's are still sub 600$ cards. LOL 

I build all my computers, its honestly been like 6 months since I've been in the loop so seeing this caught my eye but a quick search of the parts made me realize just how cheap it is now.  And here I am thinking R9 290's are still sub 600$ cards. LOL 

Oh good. Sorry about that, from what you'd written there I though you were a computer noob :P Whoops...

The answers still no on the machine. anyway have you seen the interior of the case? holy crap, there is NO AIRFLOW in that case, it's going to freaking TOAST itself...

Actually probably not, seeing how unimpressive the parts are.... but if there was a real system in there, it would probably die.

Closest I could get on the GPU

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($118.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($62.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 250X 1GB Video Card  ($100.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($32.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($90.26 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $525.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-25 19:27 EDT-0400

"Rawr XD"

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($32.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($90.26 @ OutletPC) 

maybe a apu + gpu combo 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Save $90 if you get the technical preview and another $40 if you get an AMD 750K. $400.

I can shave more off that price tag if you like, but you're not gonna like it :P

maybe a apu + gpu combo 

Save $90 if you get the technical preview and another $30 if you get an AMD 750K. $400.

It wasn't supposed to be a good build, it was supposed to get as close as possible to the specs of the G20 in the OP's link to see how much less identical specs would cost to build yourself. In this case Asus is charging about $175

"Rawr XD"

good god look at it

GeForce_GT_420_oem_low_3qtr.png

What year is it? 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

What year is it? 

idk but that piece of crap has 4GB of VRAM.

wtf...

"Rawr XD"

It wasn't supposed to be a good build, it was supposed to get as close as possible to the specs of the G20 in the OP's link to see how much less identical specs would cost to build yourself. In this case Asus is charging about $175

I know, but I accept cheapskate challenges even if no one necessarily challenges me with them. It's a hobby of mine, keeps me on my toes.

its reasonable for a prebuilt, but you can get A LOT better for the money if you build yourself.

this one has  a haswell i5 and an r9 265. it will KILL the ROG that you linked. ;)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TzNtNG
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TzNtNG/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.95 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Club 3D Radeon R7 265 2GB royalQueen Video Card  ($134.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.98 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $625.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-25 20:03 EDT-0400

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Well I'm not going to lie I had a total noob moment bringing up that ROG G20 on here.