dxgi_error_device_removed

Go to solution Solved by nicolas_cote,

Well:  I uninstalled afterburner, reset the settings in amd catalyst, and did a run on firestrike, i didn't get the glitches i was getting yesterday.  

Also, i only get the problem in the ''career'' mode of hitman and not ''quickplay''

I'm installing some other games i have on steam right now to see wether i get the same error in those as well.

I will keep you posted

Thanks!

Hey, 

i just bought a Windforce 290x OC used. i overclocked the card in order to do some benchmarks OC was 1150/1500, pretty typical of what everyone was getting out of their card on forums. I ran valley, heaven and firestrike with no glitches or problems, my gpu never went above 81°C in that time.

After overclocking i moved the settings back to the factory OC specs 1040/1250 because i don't need the extra horsepower at the moment. 

Problem:

i open a game say for example Hitman absolution and after 3-5 minutes, blacks creen pops and the following messages appears : dxgi_error_device_removed

What i have done so far:

Set clock speeds at default

Bios was set on uber mode, have switched it to normal mode

Reinstalled the drivers

post-118619-0-49083400-1414239430_thumb.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb509553%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

it looks like this a driver issue. its an known problem in the dx11 interface, nobody really knows what causes it, just try the things i listed below, there is no "the solution".

try other driver versions.

enable dx10 and look if that helps.

try offsetting your core clock or core voltage by just a little bit. 

it looks like this is a common problem with hitman, try to start the game with administrator rights.

Well:  I uninstalled afterburner, reset the settings in amd catalyst, and did a run on firestrike, i didn't get the glitches i was getting yesterday.  

Also, i only get the problem in the ''career'' mode of hitman and not ''quickplay''

I'm installing some other games i have on steam right now to see wether i get the same error in those as well.

I will keep you posted

Thanks!

well, seems like uninstalling afterburner and resetting did the trick, i got worried too quickly