Downgrade to windows 8.1 from windows 10 without losing software

thekeemo

So ive been using windows 10 preview because I lost  my 8.1 key as well as the install in the process of installing my ssd (long story) I got another one now and want to go back to it because windows 10 crashes every 40-60 minutes, but is it possible to install it while keeping drivers, software. I know you can do this in upgrades but I dont know about downgrades

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

So ive been using windows 10 preview because I lost  my 8.1 key as well as the install in the process of installing my ssd (long story) I got another one now and want to go back to it because windows 10 crashes every 40-60 minutes, but is it possible to install it while keeping drivers, software. I know you can do this in upgrades but I dont know about downgrades

From the threads I have seen you can't(unless if you copy them to a flashdrive or similar).

From the threads I have seen you can't(unless if you copy them to a flashdrive or similar).

not good

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No you cannot, you will need to manually back up all your important files and good a fresh install.

IF you use the "upgrade" method its probably the reason why your having "crashes" or whatever is going on.  So please don't ever do this again, world of troubles disappear.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

IF you use the "upgrade" method its probably the reason why your having "crashes" or whatever is going on.  So please don't ever do this again, world of troubles disappear.

windows 10 was installed on a new drive

windows 10 was installed on a new drive

Well on my 1 machine that has used Windows 10 (still being used) and it has yet to have any deal breaking issues.  Not only that no one that I have talked to (that I trust) have had any issues either. 

Back to my point, EVEN IF you could you shouldn't.  It causes WAY more issues than you will ever be able to overcome.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Installed programs have to have info embedded in your registry so no you cant keep them.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Manual reinstall of everything it it