Ryse: Son of Rome on less than 1GB of VRAM?

orangecat

I'm considering buying Ryse but i don't have a beefy GPU or lots of VRAM. I have seen videos of it being played on a GTX 460 but only on the 1GB model and the VRAM was always maxed out. I know CryEngine is very good at saving VRAM and making games playable on most systems but I'm worried it wont run at all or if it does run it will run poorly. I am rune with playing it on low settings and at 720P I just want to be able to average 30FPS and have it not be a skippy nightmare like Skyrim when it runs low on VRAM.

With less than 1GB of VRAM it would probably look like crap.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

I'm considering buying Ryse but i don't have a beefy GPU or lots of VRAM. I have seen videos of it being played on a GTX 460 but only on the 1GB model and the VRAM was always maxed out. I know CryEngine is very good at saving VRAM and making games playable on most systems but I'm worried it wont run at all or if it does run it will run poorly. I am rune with playing it on low settings and at 720P I just want to be able to average 30FPS and have it not be a skippy nightmare like Skyrim when it runs low on VRAM.

Your GTX 460 will do the job fine at low settings & 720p. The game will look much worse obviously, but you probably already know that.

You should be able to handle medium well too, maybe even high. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

With less than 1GB of VRAM it would probably look like crap.

I don't care what it looks like I want to play the game because it looks good.

Your GTX 460 will do the job fine at low settings & 720p. The game will look much worse obviously, but you probably already know that.

You should be able to handle medium well too, maybe even high. 

Will it actually run because the trend right now seems to be high end graphics and 4K i don't have either of them so i assume my GPU is way to slow.

But you said you don't care what it looks like but still like it because it looks good? Hahahaha xD You mean you like the gameplay right? :)

Well, the best solution to your problem is to buy the game and see if it runs smoothly at lowest settings then crank up a notch some of the settings until you're comfortable with the gameplay. 

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Will it actually run because the trend right now seems to be high end graphics and 4K i don't have either of them so i assume my GPU is way to slow.

Sorry for the late response, but yeah, it'll run smoothly at 720p on low. System requirements are more of a guideline really, if they weren't - my 9500 GT/E5300 rig wouldn't have played BF3 smoothly.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I'm pretty confident in saying that it will actually run. Its a matter of how well. I used to play BF4 at 1080p with a GTX 460. It took low settings, but managed 40-60 FPS.

Unfortunately I never played a CryEngine 3 game (Crysis 3, Ryse, Star Citizen) when I had it. But I'm sure it would be playable at low-ish settings. 

It might look good, but its a QTE fest with blood.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

If it's any help, I was able to run Ryse on my laptop running on Intel HD 4600 at 1024x768 resolution downsampled by 50% lol :( Didn't look too terrible.. okay maybe it looked terrible lol but did the job and it ran at 30fps 90% of the time. On the other hand, I was able to run it on my desktop with a GTX 650 at 1280x960 resolution smoothly. Still looked decent for my purposes. Mind you for all of these i had the game running on lowest settings :/