Which graphics card would you choose?

Anusha

I ended up getting the MSI card. it had nothing to do with 

I still haven't tuned it to the max but it seems I cannot hit base clock 1300/memory clock 8000. there is some coil whining at certain places of benchmarks, but not all the time. i'm wondering if i should send it back and get another card. i can easily do that within a month. maybe settle for the Strix or something else.

the max temps observed with the stock cooling setup of my case is 76C. I don't think the fans were running at full speed though as fan speed is controlled using CPU temps and CPU temps don't reach high enough to make those fans run at full speed. If I added more fans to the side, I might get better temps, but I don't think I have to do it right now as I'm happy with anything under 80C. 

the noise is amazing. it is like night and day compared to my old Palit GTX 670 Jetstream card which was rather a Jetscream.

I was afraid the width of the case would be a problem, but I could close the side panel without much issue. the panel would push against the 6-pin power cables which don't bend easily. 

I still haven't tuned it to the max but it seems I cannot hit base clock 1300/memory clock 8000. there is some coil whining at certain places of benchmarks, but not all the time. i'm wondering if i should send it back and get another card. i can easily do that within a month. maybe settle for the Strix or something else.

I wouldnt bother returning.

Every card I have owned has whined. Every card that has played minecraft or run a bench mark ahs whined even louder. As you may know, It's normal, and luck of the draw. You "might" get one with zero whine, but chances are, you won't. Whine is caused by abnormal operations. Either crazy stress, or, super high FPS. It doesn't mean anything is wrong, it's just the nature of coils.

I am very noise sensitive, and after a few months, I no longer hear it. Either because it has gotten quieter (which does commonly happen after a few months), or I just got used to the slight whine that it would have during an 800FPS cutscene...

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200