Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs headphone review - a quite surprising $300 planar magnetic

Hello LTT forum!

I'm really, really new (if you couldn't tell). Well at least I'm new to the forums, I've been a fan of Linus' videos for at least a year now. In fact, he's one of the main reasons that I was inspired to make the following review:

Okay, I just now realized that the thumbnail looks like the ones that LTT use. Umm...

This is my review of the Mad Dogs from Mr. Speakers, which is a very interesting set of headphones that you probably won't have heard of (or heard) unless you're interested in the high-end audio game. Nevertheless, somebody has to review them!

Anyways, this is my first video of this type, and I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys! I'm open to suggestions/critique, and I'd appreciate any input that you'd have for me.

Thanks all, especially Linus, Luke, and the rest of the team over at LTT for being so awesome!

What did you exchange it with?

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

I've had these headphones for about a year now. One word: AMAZIBALLS.

The guy that makes em is actually a 5 minute drive from where I'm living now. Good luck with the channel!

What did you exchange it with?

I actually haven't decided yet. I either need something with more bass than the Mad Dogs have (there was just a little bit less than I'd like), or something brighter (as I mentioned in the video). So probably something like the AKG q701, though it's open and I need something closed. To sum it up, I don't know.

I've had these headphones for about a year now. One word: AMAZIBALLS.

The guy that makes em is actually a 5 minute drive from where I'm living now. Good luck with the channel!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

for more bass, did you try EQ? with my sound blaster X-Fi HD and some increased 20-30hz i got the bass i wanted in my V moda Crossfade M-100´s.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

for more bass, did you try EQ? with my sound blaster X-Fi HD and some increased 20-30hz i got the bass i wanted in my V moda Crossfade M-100´s.

No, I didn't end up using EQ as I didn't feel that it was necessary, but the Dogs did respond fairly well to it. 

Great review ;) , these aren't available in my neck of the woods though. -_-

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

damn you must have some flabby bass

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.