Custom Corsair 200R Windowed Side Panel

Sacred310

Here's my custom windowed Corsair 200R side panel. I spent an afternoon constructing this work of art in my garage, incorporating one of my favorite characters, YODA!

YodaSidePanel2.jpg

YodaSidePanel3.jpg

YodaSidePanel4.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40GHz (LGA2011) OC to 4.30GHz Mobo: ASUS P9X79 Deluxe RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP (CML16GX3M2A1600C9) GPU: 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC Cooler: Corsair H80i GT PSU: Corsair AX860i Case: Custom Corsair 200R

nice you did a great job

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I'm getting mixed signals, are you trying to sell this by having a Craigslist link, if so then it isn't allowed on LTT. If your just showing off your custom side panel then it's okay. It looks great to me.

Edit: OP removed the link.

thats really cool. were you tracing over a picture on the other side?

I sure did. Picture + Dremel + Diamond tip = Awsomeness!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40GHz (LGA2011) OC to 4.30GHz Mobo: ASUS P9X79 Deluxe RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP (CML16GX3M2A1600C9) GPU: 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC Cooler: Corsair H80i GT PSU: Corsair AX860i Case: Custom Corsair 200R

I sure did. Picture + Dremel + Diamond tip = Awsomeness!

what shape/size tip did you use? How difficult was it? do you need experience or does it just take time? 

what shape/size tip did you use? How difficult was it? do you need experience or does it just take time? 

Far right bit. Somewhat difficult, as one slip up can ruin the entire project. This was the first time I've ever done anything like this, all it requires is a steady hand, a comfortable workplace and good lighting. Cheers smileys-cheers-641856.gif

diamond-bits.jpg

Far right bit. Somewhat difficult, as one slip up can ruin the entire project. This was the first time I've ever done anything like this, all it requires is a steady hand, a comfortable workplace and good lighting. Cheers smileys-cheers-641856.gif

diamond-bits.jpg

thanks for sharing! im gonna have to try something like that sometime. ill probably just practice on a separate sheet of glass first to see so i don't ruin a side panel

thanks for sharing! im gonna have to try something like that sometime. ill probably just practice on a separate sheet of glass first to see so i don't ruin a side panel

No problem. Just a note, I used an acrylic sheet, not glass and don't forget to wear safety goggles. 

this process can be made much less dangerous (in way of slipping and ruining a piece of acrylic/plexi and trying to cover up that mistake by changing the design) by using a template cut out of cardboard or balsa and taped down on top.

Another (in my opinion - better) way of doing something like this is by using a sandblaster (but costs significantly more if you don't already have one lying around)

One comment to the OP, if you do another one of these in the future - decide if the computer will be on a desk or on the floor and position the design so it looks like yoda is standing on the gpu. Just a thought!

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

this process can be made much less dangerous (in way of slipping and ruining a piece of acrylic/plexi and trying to cover up that mistake by changing the design) by using a template cut out of cardboard or balsa and taped down on top.

Another (in my opinion - better) way of doing something like this is by using a sandblaster (but costs significantly more if you don't already have one lying around)

One comment to the OP, if you do another one of these in the future - decide if the computer will be on a desk or on the floor and position the design so it looks like yoda is standing on the gpu. Just a thought!

wouldn't the dremel go right through the cardboard/balsa wood anyway?

wouldn't the dremel go right through the cardboard/balsa wood anyway?

No... well... it could depending on your side-bearing pressure (i usually have my thumb on the ring and use it as a guide) and what tool you're using. If you are persistently trying to go through the template, ofcourse it wont help any... but for most everyone, a template made of a somewhat sturdy material will prevent you from colouring outside the lines.

Dremel is a brand. They have their rotary tools that spin and could do quite a lot of damage at higher speeds, and they have engraving tools that vibrate at 5 or 7 different speeds that are very hard to do damage with, even at the highest speed, I even have a dremel electric screwdriver (theyre discontinued - but its my favorite dremel tool ever - dremel driver - not recommended for etching though)

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Just finished another tonight. Guess who? 

MagnetoSidePanel2.jpg

MagnetoSidePanel3.jpg

• 2 months later...

How on earth did you do this? I want to do the same thing but with the outline of the Dragon born character from skyrim, or does anyone know how to do this just using paint?

Here's my custom windowed Corsair 200R side panel. I spent an afternoon constructing this work of art in my garage, incorporating one of my favorite characters, YODA!

YodaSidePanel2.jpg

YodaSidePanel3.jpg

YodaSidePanel4.jpg

^above comment