Corsair 900d 1560mm rad space vanilla build

claytonno

Hi there so I decided to up from my R4 to a 900D and create a watercooling platform that would basically allow me to accomodate any current or future build of mine in complete silence, yes it is overkill but it was a fun build.

Watercooling parts
EK D5 Vario x-res 140 res/top combo

EK-FC plexi 290x blocks and backplates

EK Supremacy plexi cpu block

Alphacool 90/45 Degree fittings

Feser Straight fittings
Bitspower 30 degree fittings

XSPC RX480 Radiator X2

Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 240mm Radiator

Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 360mm radiator

Primochill Clear tubing 1/2 by 3/4

Some Leakproof Elbows in the basement

Fans/Controller:
8x Gentle Typhoon Ap13s

3x Gentle Typhoon Ap15s

2x Noiseblocker ELoop

Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme 6 channel fan controller modded, desoldered leds and replaced with red leds

Corsair AF-140 Quiet edition

Various Fan Cable Splitters

Guts:
i7 4770k

2X R9 290x

8GB mushkin ddr3 ram

Gigabyte z97x gaming 5 motherboard

Corsair AX1200i

Kingston V300 128GB SSD

Some Modding had to be done on the front of the case to accommodate the 360 but this was very light modding and only involved cutting out the bracket that goes across the bottom of the 5.25 bays. With the 30mm thick radiator I am still able to utilize the front fan filter on this case which i was very pleased about. I know there isn't much bling for such overkill but I really just wanted a simple clean red black theme with cooling and silence as the main priories. 

Later plans include creating a custom midplate to cover the basement with tubing holes, and lighting up the case with leds. I also plan on using some mayhems blood red dye or tharsis red coolant to match the build. I never put a drain system in I could see myself doing that in the future as well.

Pictures(sorry for low quality) : 
http://imgur.com/mvvgYpE,lukRTgw,iwMNBnr,MtAARRp,yTsnKsB,NrYWaFe,rta9W7r,a3Zqi0i,wdU7Usg,mzwDfkU,aY9mmDY,oC1hO4E,muMcojZ

My one problem with the 900D is the hardware dwarfing 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

My one problem with the 900D is the hardware dwarfing 

Indeed. I heard the 780t had that problem as well.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I got my 900D as a birthday gift one year. The stupid thing has hurt me so many times I stopped counting. Face+Steel do not mix very well lol. None the less it is the best case I've ever had, even though it sometimes dwarfs the hardware its super easy to work inside of. I also love the look of the cold steel and the brushed aluminum look.

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

The 900D is such a huge case that a single GPU feels so lonely that it will not perform as well as it could. Adding a seconds GPU will therefore increase performance by over 100% because the cards are more happy... :P :P :P :P :P

EDIT: Looking good so far, finally someone using E-Loops, they feature ze German Engineering!!

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

The 900D is such a huge case that a single GPU feels so lonely that it will not perform as well as it could. Adding a seconds GPU will therefore increase performance by over 100% because the cards are more happy... :P :P :P :P :P

EDIT: Looking good so far, finally someone using E-Loops, they feature ze German Engineering!!

They're good fans, I got them second hand so am not sure which rpm they are I think they are on the higher end because they are pwm, but I definitely have to turn them down along with the ap15s to achieve silence