Case Recommendations?

NJDFisher

I am looking for a new case to upgrade from my Fractal Design Core 3000 that doesn't support water cooling.

I need one that has radiator support for the H100i.

I am debating whether to get a MIDI or full tower.

Not looking for anything too fancy, but well built with gromets, good ventilation, cable management room, CPU hole etc.

My budget is £60-100.

Thanks!

Intel i7 4770k 4.3Ghz 1.23v | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | EVGA 980 SC 1530Mhz | Samsung Evo 500GB 850, 250GB 840, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black | Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth | Razer Naga 2012 EVGA SuperNOVA 750W B1

I should of mentioned I need room for mechanical drives :) Nice recommendations so far though guys!

Anyone know about the Corsair range?

EDIT: Found  the cool location of the 3.5 inch drives on the S340, nice!

Intel i7 4770k 4.3Ghz 1.23v | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | EVGA 980 SC 1530Mhz | Samsung Evo 500GB 850, 250GB 840, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black | Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth | Razer Naga 2012 EVGA SuperNOVA 750W B1

New NZXT s340?

Really nice case, can't find anywhere to buy it unless I wait until the end of the month.

Really nice case, can't find anywhere to buy it unless I wait until the end of the month.

I think it's worth the wait, but that probably comes down to personal taste

I think it's worth the wait, but that probably comes down to personal taste

You know what, I think you're right. I can't find another case that elegant and well built as well as organised in that price range. In fact, a midi Corsair one for £95 lacked some of the qualities this one does, would much rather wait.

You know what, I think you're right. I can't find another case that elegant and well built as well as organised in that price range. In fact, a midi Corsair one for £95 lacked some of the qualities this one does, would much rather wait.

If you really want to start right now you could always go for the h440, it's a bit more expensive though, still very reasonable.

Anyways good luck with your build and I'd like to see it when you're finished!

The S340/H440 is a solid case choice, I'll definitely recommend it to you alongside the fractal design arc midi r2, which is also very feature rich but with better airflow than the H440, but at the cost of looks IMO.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I have the Corsair 500R, and there's room in there for everything and cools like a beast.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

The S340/H440 is a solid case choice, I'll definitely recommend it to you alongside the fractal design arc midi r2, which is also very feature rich but with better airflow than the H440, but at the cost of looks IMO.

Thanks, I'll check them out!

well i can only speak for myself and i find the h440 is really well build everything is unscrewable or clickable and it just makes a solid imppession

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Doesn't matter what you want, NZXT H440. Its just basically good for anything almost. The S340 fits in the same category but without all the bling bling. I also like the Corsair 750D/600T lines at a bit of a premium.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Go for the h440 because it supports more fans, has a built in fan controller, has a nice big window and much more.   Go and watch Linus unboxing and overview on the h440

I recently got a Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Pretty damn case, no such thing as perfect but quite good nonetheless.

About the materials, there is a lot of plastic but it's high quality plastic and most of the internal frame is actually made of steel. Quality rubber grommets too and screws keep everything together instead of rivets. Anti-vibration rubber pads on PSU, Drive caddies and a few screws. Pre-installed motherboard stand-offs.

Build quality.. Well, extremely well built is all I can say. The side panels' paint is fine but will wear out on the corners over time and use and the window will get scratched very easily.

Features? Drive caddies are wonderful and the front i/o stealth cover is pretty cool. I don't particularly like the ODD tool-less mechanism but screws are definitely an option. Fanfilters everywhere although not as easy to remove as they should be. Absolutely watercooling-ready* with two fans included and excellent airflow overall. Lot of room for cable management and a big CPU cutout, a cool PWM fan splitter, a removable PSU stealth cover, velcro straps and a wonderful toolbox for screws.

Also, six Hard Drives, two SSD mounts (only one included though) and three optical bays. Not bad. 89/99€. Probably not the best in any way, but the most complete and budget-friendly case out there. :)

*If you plan on watercooling in the top, which I presume is what you'd be going for to keep the HDDs in there, you should definitely pay attention to the height of your motherboard and radiator setup (I don't think push/pull is an option there) because it might not fit. Otherwise just check your budget and consider the Enthoo Luxe (will fit taller radiators), same features mentioned above + a few extras. :)

CPU: INTEL i7-4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P w/ NF-A15 | MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) @2400MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II | PSU: Seasonic X-850 (KM3)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ white LEDs | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage) | ODD(s): LG BH10 BD Rewriter + LG DVD Rewriter | 5.25": Scythe Kama Panel 3.1 |

GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i | OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit | MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD | SPEAKERS: Logitech LS21

Thanks for the suggestions, but the H440 for example is double the price of the S340. I also don't much like the idea of with it being silent, so much of the fan area being covered.

It's going to take something special to beat the S340 :)

You haven't made any comment about the Enthoo Pro. Are you avoiding it? It's a quality case and one of the best for its money, if not the best.

You are correct, and that is because I'm not sure.

As I said, the price is a deal breaker for most other options anyway after the S340.

On top of that, I don't like the fact that the acrylic apparently scratches too easily.

I love the window and covers as well as fan controller and cable management room, as well as that essential toolbox for the screws. I don't much like the brushed metal look that much though.

To summarize, the aesthetics of Corsair cases appeals to me most but i don't like the prices for the ones that contain the same features as, for example the Enthoo, which I don't much like the aesthetics of. In turn, both of these seem to pale into insignificance when faced with the 1/2 the price S340. Fractal Design cases tend to bore me.

I'm still open to suggestions though as I'll have to wait a while for the S340 :)

Unfortunately, it looks like the S340 window scratches just as easily if not worse (check out HardwareCanucks' review of the case on Youtube). I guess it's just something to be expected on a low budget case.

About aesthetics and price you're the judge here. :)

CPU: INTEL i7-4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P w/ NF-A15 | MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) @2400MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II | PSU: Seasonic X-850 (KM3)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ white LEDs | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage) | ODD(s): LG BH10 BD Rewriter + LG DVD Rewriter | 5.25": Scythe Kama Panel 3.1 |

GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i | OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit | MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD | SPEAKERS: Logitech LS21

You are correct, and that is because I'm not sure.

As I said, the price is a deal breaker for most other options anyway after the S340.

On top of that, I don't like the fact that the acrylic apparently scratches too easily.

I love the window and covers as well as fan controller and cable management room, as well as that essential toolbox for the screws. I don't much like the brushed metal look that much though.

To summarize, the aesthetics of Corsair cases appeals to me most but i don't like the prices for the ones that contain the same features as, for example the Enthoo, which I don't much like the aesthetics of. In turn, both of these seem to pale into insignificance when faced with the 1/2 the price S340. Fractal Design cases tend to bore me.

I'm still open to suggestions though as I'll have to wait a while for the S340 :)

You can get the ento pro without side panel window, but if you want the side window that is a problem.

, argument invalid, watch dmitri scratch the side panel with his FINGERNAIL.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

, argument invalid, watch dmitri scratch the side panel with his FINGERNAIL.

I didn't know we were having an argument here. Thanks for keeping me informed.

I didn't know we were having an argument here. Thanks for keeping me informed.

Ye welcome :) Good luck on the case search, i have a 500r wich is a nice case i would reccomend it, i got it on sale for $60 bucks

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!