New gamer looking for a mouse/keyboard!

YashBiesel

Hey guys, I've really been on the prowl for a few weeks on some budget level gaming gear.

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a decent mouse and keyboard.

My budget for a mouse is 80$ CAN and lower, and 80$ CAN and lower for a keyboard. Can go a little higher if it's absolutely worth it.

I'm using a very old ball mouse that is on its last legs... but to be honest its been on its last legs for a looong time.

I'm also using some no name brand keyboard that my school let me take as they were upgrading their hardware.

I am an FPS gamer mainly, as I really enjoy games like BF and CS:GO.

I saw the M65 and Deathadder 2013 as options, if any of those are good I would like to know + if you have better suggestions I would love to hear them!

I'm completely unsure about the keyboard however...

Thank you so much, any info would be appreciated!

Hey guys, I've really been on the prowl for a few weeks on some budget level gaming gear.

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a decent mouse and keyboard.

My budget for a mouse is 80$ CAN and lower, and 80$ CAN and lower for a keyboard. Can go a little higher if it's absolutely worth it.

I'm using a very old ball mouse that is on its last legs... but to be honest its been on its last legs for a looong time.

I'm also using some no name brand keyboard that my school let me take as they were upgrading their hardware.

I am an FPS gamer mainly, as I really enjoy games like BF and CS:GO.

I saw the M65 and Deathadder 2013 as options, if any of those are good I would like to know + if you have better suggestions I would love to hear them!

I'm completely unsure about the keyboard however...

Thank you so much, any info would be appreciated!

Here's some good mechanical keyboards under $80 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-keyboard-kbpizklblus01

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-keyboard-sgk4000gkcl1us

And here's a mouse with a great sensor, amazing ergonomics, great switches, rgb leds, and a bunch of other cool stuff. 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/mionix-mouse-000mio7000m

I can recommend the Logitech G500s for a mouse, personally it feels nice and the sensor is very accurate but I've heard good things about the mouses you listed so I think it it's a bit more of what you like if possible find somewhere you can have a hold of the mouse to see what you like. Personally I use the Logitech G105 as a keyboard I don't have allot of experience with other keyboards so I can't compare it to others but personally I think it is a good keyboard for a bit more on the low cost side. Also don't buy off the Logitech website you can usually get it much cheaper at almost any other retailer.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-au/product/g500s-laser-gaming-mouse

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-au/product/g105-gaming-keyboard

Thanks so much for the suggestions, I'm looking them up right now!

First off I agree FlashingKool_Zs suggestion; the Posiedon z is a great choice. I personally don't like blue switches but you might.

On the mouse front either of the mice you mentioned are a good choice and out of those to I'd say the m65 is the better choice, or any of the corsair mice for that matter, though with mice you REALLY have to try them yourself to see if they're comfortable.

Note: the deathadder might be a better option because it has an optical sensor so it doesn't suffer from accelleration issues of laser mice (I find it fairly easy to cope with it though)

For a keyboard if at all possible buy a mechanical keyboard, there is only one rule you must follow (please try the different switch types before buying).

Sorry! no mouse recommendations from me, i'm not even sure what i like :-)

/* no comment */

Keyboard and mouse is something you just need to test them out for comfort.  Everybody has different taste in terms of comfort and ergonomics, especially with mice, and to a slightly lesser degree keyboards as well.

my advice is go to a store that has a good show room and put your hand on them.  There are lots of great gaming products out there now days.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build