Intel I5 4690k bottleneck gtx 970?

Go to solution Solved by BloodWithIce,

It will be fine, you can even sli it without any issues whatsoever.

Hey !

I'm getting a pc and on my list is a Gigabyte gtx 970. Will the intel i5 4690k bottleneck it or should i go for the i7 4790k. I'm pretty sure it won't but just want to be sure  :) .

Thx for the help !

It will be fine, you can even sli it without any issues whatsoever.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

No, it won't bottleneck anything. I'm pretty sure even my 3570k will not bottleneck the 970 or 980, not too sure about SLI arrays though.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Idk about sli, but an i5 will not bottleneck any card AFAIK

Nope an i5 4690k is perfectly fine

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

• 3 weeks later...

This helped me as well im looking at what cpu to get the most bang for the buck and the i7 are just so expensive for me atm that im thinking about going with a i7 then maybe upgrading later on down the road.

But is there much of a difference between the gaming experience of the i7's and the i5's?

This helped me as well im looking at what cpu to get the most bang for the buck and the i7 are just so expensive for me atm that im thinking about going with a i7 then maybe upgrading later on down the road.

But is there much of a difference between the gaming experience of the i7's and the i5's?

i7 is simply an i5 with hyperthreading if you want more threads go i7 but currently only few games like shadow of mordor are using i7