Questions on G502 mouse and Brown vs Red mech keyboard switches

tehgray

1) Owners of the G502, how do you like it? I'm debating between it and the G400s. Only thing I'd worried about with the G502 is that it looks very narrow and smaller, which may not suit my somewhat slightly larger than average hands. Is the sensor that much better?

2) I'm debating between the k70 red and brown switches. (Not RGB, since I'm not paying $60 just to get different lights to play in the dark with) Has anyone tried both and offer me a way to decide between the two? I play pretty much all genre's of games...

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

1) Owners of the G502, how do you like it? I'm debating between it and the G400s. Only thing I'd worried about with the G502 is that it looks very narrow and smaller, which may not suit my somewhat slightly larger than average hands. Is the sensor that much better?

2) I'm debating between the k70 red and brown switches. (Not RGB, since I'm not paying $60 just to get different lights to play in the dark with) Has anyone tried both and offer me a way to decide between the two? I play pretty much all genre's of games...

I've used a k70 w/ reds and a cooler master quickfire rapid with browns...and personally I prefer reds, although I do find the keys a bit too easy to press and will sometimes press several keys on accident--happens much less frequently on browns due to the tactile bump.

I also have a G502 and love it, but its really down to personal preference as to whether or not you'll find it comfortable.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I would never use a 502 but it seems like a great mouse. Red are nice and can be quiet as long as you don't bottom out the keys (which I do anyway) and I have never tried browns.

Reds No bump or click, less actuation force, nice and smooth like membrane, but you dont have to bottom out and theres no bump unless you do. Great for gaming, not for everyone that loves typing.

Browns Tactile bump with a quiet click, slightly more actuation force.  Once again you don't need to bottom out like membrane, but you get a great feeling bump that is enough to make typing easier, but not so large of a bump that gaming is effected.

blues are like browns with heavier actuation force

blacks are like reds with less actuation force (probably wrong on this one im not familiar with blacks)

greens are like extreme blues with very heavy actuation force

clears are just wut

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I've used a k70 w/ reds and a cooler master quickfire rapid with browns...and personally I prefer reds, although I do find the keys a bit too easy to press and will sometimes press several keys on accident--happens much less frequently on browns due to the tactile bump.

I also have a G502 and love it, but its really down to personal preference as to whether or not you'll find it comfortable.

The key pressing by accident thing on the reds is what's making me doubt my purchase....wish the k70 came in blacks.

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

I love my G502. Just orderer a Zowie EC1 Evo CL though. If I don't like the shape of it better, I'm sticking with the G502

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II