Do girls pretend to like/love you?

Its always been like this, girls randomly approach me and indicate that they like me by either asking me out or flirting(obvious flirting).
The ones that ask me out often quickly (within a few minutes, but I didn't say yes right away) change their mind.

As for the flirting girl they seem to want my attention all the time, sit on my lap and whatnot...

Other girls coud just randomly find out they love me while I'm chatting with them on Skype or Facebook.

Thoose girls can go on and on about how much they like/love me and often wants to go out with me, visit me or have me visit them.

But not all of them are backing down either, the other week a girl from the next town stayed over for the weekend.

Still not sure if she really is into me, she told me she needs some "alonetime" after arguing with her X and that she isn't ready for a relationship right now.
However when she stayed over she told me nobody has ever treated her this nice, that seem like a good sign to me.

I don't know what to make of this, do girls "flirt for joy"? :huh:
Share your own experiences below...
Thanks for your input

• CPU
    Intel Xeon E5 2695 V3 14c-28t @ 2,8GHz
  • Motherboard
    AsRock X99 mITX
  • RAM
    2x16GB DDR4 Crucial ECC @2166MHz
  • GPU
    XFX R9 Nano 4GB HBM @1000MHz
  • Case
    Silverstone Sugo SG-13
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
  • Intel SSD DC S3600 800GB

Girls dont have to lie. They do like me.

Jk.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It's human nature to lead others on. It happens even if we don't mean for it to happen. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

theres alot of false hope or in indonesian terms: PHP(Pemberi Harapan Palsu) or Giver of False Hope. Basically girls just pretend to care to you and when you ask them that if they like you they say nah your just my friend. happens to me like alot. 'They Should Die.'

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

theres alot of false hope or in indonesian terms: PHP(Pemberi Harapan Palsu) or Giver of False Hope. Basically girls just pretend to care to you and when you ask them that if they like you they say nah your just my friend. happens to me like alot. 'They Should Die.'

Okay that last part made me frown.

Well, I personally think everyone does, but I dunno

In all seriousness, girls can lie, just like guys can. Sadly, girls lie to guys about seriously emotional things more, whereas guys are either physical or shallow in lying. I think a girls lie will always hurt more.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Girls like attention, they want it and are willing to lead you on for it. I have no real advice to give you as I don't fully understand the subject myself even after quite a few GF's and one night stands. Best advice that I can give you is to tease them back and sometimes seem not interested (even when you are). :)

Okay that last part made me frown.

It really broke alot of hearts seriously, mostly the popular girls. me and my friends are mostly the peasants and the popular girls are the master race, they treated us like shit. a friend of mine got bullied, he got beat up seriously because of the PHP which is this bullies gf and then the gf told the bully that my friend was hitting on her, and now the bully beat the shit out of my friend. bullying is taken seriously in indonesia, you could get a dropout. THESE kind of girls is what the physical representation of Succubus! Oh me? yeah i got hit alot by the bullies just like my friend did, i mean all of us did. faking high society kids

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Well, I personally think everyone does, but I dunno

In all seriousness, girls can lie, just like guys can. Sadly, girls lie to guys about seriously emotional things more, whereas guys are either physical or shallow in lying. I think a girls lie will always hurt more.

Yes, but why would the girl approach you in the first place if she intends to decive?

• CPU
    Intel Xeon E5 2695 V3 14c-28t @ 2,8GHz
  • Motherboard
    AsRock X99 mITX
  • RAM
    2x16GB DDR4 Crucial ECC @2166MHz
  • GPU
    XFX R9 Nano 4GB HBM @1000MHz
  • Case
    Silverstone Sugo SG-13
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
  • Intel SSD DC S3600 800GB

It really broke alot of hearts seriously, mostly the popular girls. me and my friends are mostly the peasants and the popular girls are the master race, they treated us like shit. a friend of mine got bullied, he got beat up seriously because of the PHP which is this bullies gf and then the gf told the bully that my friend was hitting on her, and now the bully beat the shit out of my friend. bullying is taken seriously in indonesia, you could get a dropout. THESE kind of girls is what the physical representation of Succubus! Oh me? yeah i got hit alot by the bullies just like my friend did, i mean all of us did. faking high society kids

I would start taking measures to defend myself, why do you let yourself get beat up so much!

Yes, but why would the girl approach you in the first place if she intends to decive?

For the glory of Satan ofcourse! :D

Jk, because she sees some personal gain or a challenge or she just might be bored and wants attention, it can be that simple. :)

Many reasons. She wants something you have or a particular service (e.g. you can drive, parents wont take her somewhere, she uses you for a lift).

Same reason a guy'll lie about how skilled he is at something to appear more impressive or get a job or something.

Same reason we all lie, to get something, or out of something.

Also, some people are just dicks.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

idk but i have 2 girls that are almost like stalkers to me, there always yelling out "HI BRAYDEN" in the halls, in the commons, in the cafeteria and are always trying to talk to me in class

its funny though one of my friends wants to ask out another girl that already like me so we will see how that goes

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

For the glory of Satan ofcourse! :D

Jk, because she sees some personal gain or a challenge or she just might be bored and wants attention, it can be that simple. :)

Why-for-the-glory-of-satan-of-course.jpg

I would start taking measures to defend myself, why do you let yourself get beat up so much!

This country... the bullies dont practice expert karates or such they just go into Tawuran(a form of school war, stabs occured, hittings occured, rock throwing, on the news alot. riot cops needed to break it up) i just started taking white dove or merpati putih, some kind of traditional defense using your chi. but i suck at it. i mean i JUST started besides my body is all skull no meat or muscle.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

There is a term that all men have collectively learned on their own or from others, to describe these various issues.

"*rolls eyes, sighs*......women......"

woman = woe to man

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Maybe there's something about you that keeps attracting these kind of girls. Or maybe it's simply the fact that you face the misfortune of being located in an area which's demographic largely consists of such girls (due to all kinds of social conditioning variables). If you want to avoid the hassle of being teased by some bimbos, try being quite direct very early on in conversations. Statements like: "Haha, woah, you're moving pretty fast. How about we start with a date?" will quickly allow you weed through most (though not all) teases before things get a bit more personal. If her response is a decisive "yes" from her, you're getting better news. If it's a half-a$$ed "well, I dunno, err..." kind of response, you can probably write her off as a tease.

-snip-

Well telling someone else to die is literally just perpetuating hatred. There is the whole danger to become indistinguishable from the evil you are fighting. If you really want to take the best course of action just be a good example for others to choose to follow. Most of them won't but that is just how the world works. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Not too sure since I'm a dense man...

There was that time with a girl that I rejected... Let's just say that she got a bit too close for comfort (i.e. calling my cellphone after I told her that I'm consulting with my professor)...

If they're inviting, then why not accept? Take care to tread lightly though since there is a very fine line between being liked and being hated...

In my experience they like to lead you on for the attention - they want you to chase them I think. Another thing they like to do, particularly once they've been involved with you for a while, is to like leave things - earrings, clothing etc. - in your house and then make it incredibly difficult to return it to them, until they need something from you later at which point they can ask for the item back and use it as an excuse to get some other kind of service out of you. I still have stuff belonging to girls I haven't seen in like 5 years but who text me "hey x" every once in a while as if to check whether I'm still reciprocal. If I bring up returning said items all communication is then silent for another while until the next "hey x" pops up. It's weird woman behaviour. No doubt when they split up with boyfriends or find themselves otherwise short of friends (or sexual partners even) they'll suddenly need these things back.

An extension of this that you sometimes see is where girls have this going on with multiple guys such that they have a reserve pool of providers of various services so whenever they need something they can call on one or more of them to provide it - even if it just happens that they're bored and want some attention.

Judging by what you describe it sounds like your female peers are just beginning to experiment with this kind of thing and haven't quite mastered it yet - outright saying they like/love you is clumsy and smacks of immaturity. Eventually though they'll have this down to a fine art.

Oh god, where do I start.... ok... well I'm at church with my girlfriend... we been together for 2 years.... and I'm sitting down, my gf on the left and sitting across from her friend. All I know that I felt something across my leg, I could tell it was a foot. I look at my gf and felt it again... at that moment I knew it wasn't her. I then see her friend looking under the desk WHILE SHE"S RUBBING MY LEG WITH HER FOOT. I play it off cool, and on the drive home.. told her (gf) everything.... she's still friends with the girl, but they weren't as close at they were

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Well telling someone else to die is literally just perpetuating hatred. There is the whole danger to become indistinguishable from the evil you are fighting. If you really want to take the best course of action just be a good example for others to choose to follow. Most of them won't but that is just how the world works. 

Life is cruel. Succubus, PHP, BF Bully-type of cruel.

ANY LADIES ON THE FORUM DATE ME BBY ;). jk, theres no such thing as women techies...

Well anyways im never gonna talk to High-Society Popular People again.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Mhm I have friends that are very much like that, on a night out they would sit on my lap, give me hugs, stroke my beard etc and demand I go with them etc

but then when you ask if they are interested they are like "erm eww no"

I have even had girls be like "Love you" and stuff and be all touchy feely, and silly me figures they like me, so I ask them out and they are like "I dont like you that way"... its like wtf?

I also have the complete opposite experiance too, girls that act like they utterly hate you, and then you find out they think you are really nice and awesome.. yet when you see them they just scowl

but its not blanket, there are plenty that act perfectly normal :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah! we call em 'Gold diggers'.. or 'that ho' or 'thirsty bitches'

In your case, i don't know, she might be legit, but be cautious..

Details separate people.