Constant crash / BSOD, how do I all drivers?

I've semi-recently updated my CPU + mobo + GPU (NVidia to AMD).

Ever since the switch, i've been getting far more BSODs than usual; beforehand I would get them every other day, now it's a few times a day. If it isn't a BSOD, it's a strange error (henceforth known as ?SOD) where the computer stops responding to all inputs, audio playback stops, and whatever is being displayed on the screen becomes frozen. The best way to describe it is a BSOD where the computer doesn't even get to the stage of displaying the blue error code screen.

These BSOD's and ?SOD's are occurring fairly often, as far as I can remember it usually occurs when chrome is open and often when a video is either playing or paused in chrome.

I believe my drivers may be at fault. Every time I go to update my AMD drivers to the latest beta release, I get a ?SOD error and I have to uninstall the AMD driver on restart and install the latest stable / official version.

Question 1: Can somebody please explain to me like I'm 5, the easiest way to find, read, and act upon the BSOD dump files? I've looked it up but I'm not sure exactly how I find the file in windows explorer.

Question 2: Is there any easy way (or software to do this for me) to automatically uninstall all drivers and re-install them?

Question 2b: If the answer to Q2 is "no", I believe that cloning the contents of my OS SSD to a partition on my HDD, wiping the SSD, and cloning the contents back would not solve the error. Is there any way to make this method work?

Sorry to have to ask, I've put in a fair few hours trying to solve the issue, and it's getting to the point where I'm tempted to just format my SSD and re-install Win7, but I have all of my programs installed to the SSD and it would be a pain to reinstall every single one.

Thanks.

have you over clocked?

Not at all. CPU currently running at stock, if anything my GPU's would be underclocked to keep the rig (and my room) cool. Unless MSI afterburner is pulling some sneaky shit on me, everything should be running at stock.

Question 1: Can somebody please explain to me like I'm 5, the easiest way to find, read, and act upon the BSOD dump files? I've looked it up but I'm not sure exactly how I find the file in windows explorer.

You can find the minidump file in C:\Windows\Minidump. You can use http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html to analzye it.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Or you can upload the dump file to http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

What is the error code and what file caused it?

You should do a virus scan and malware scan and stuff, because you should not be getting errors like that every other day.

Clean install is a good idea imo, but it could be HW related.

Start with a proper full system anti virus scan, and a full scan with malware bytes.

You should do a virus scan and malware scan and stuff, because you should not be getting errors like that every other day.

Clean install is a good idea imo, but it could be HW related.

Start with a proper full system anti virus scan, and a full scan with malware bytes.

Scanning with malwarebytes now, is there a difference between malwarebytes and virus software? Dumb question, i've always just relied on malwarebytes and microsoft defender sometimes for defence.

Scanning with malwarebytes now, is there a difference between malwarebytes and virus software? Dumb question, i've always just relied on malwarebytes and microsoft defender sometimes for defence.

Yes I believe so.

I think malware is different to a virus... kinda.

Someone may have to confirm that, but I'm pretty sure you should have antivirus and anti malware.