Intel Core I3-4330 Haswell with H97 Motherboard?

So I'm doing some planning for my moms next office computer, I've been told a core I3 would be all she needs for what she does (the hardest thing she does is get on google earth for aerial photo's). I'm just wondering if the Intel Core I3-4330 Haswell LGA1150 cpu will work in an H97 motherboard without needing a Bios update?

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116945

MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128718

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

H97 is a Broadwell chipset and supports all LGA1150 i3s out of the box.

And if you want to know that, Haswell Refresh i3s start at i3-4x50.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

H97 is a Broadwell chipset and supports all LGA1150 i3s out of the box.

And if you want to know that, Haswell Refresh i3s start at i3-4x50.

H97 will take any 1150 CPU without a BIOS update, and even if it did you could update it effortlessly.

Thank you for responding.

So if I want haswell refresh (just t be more up to date) I should go with the i3-4350? Should I consider a small after market cpu cooler as well? I'm concerned because the case this is going to go into is a very small HP mATX case (reusing it for cheapness) and has only 1 fan, that being the rear exhaust fan.

So if I want haswell refresh (just t be more up to date) I should go with the i3-4350? Should I consider a small after market cpu cooler as well? I'm concerned because the case this is going to go into is a very small HP mATX case (reusing it for cheapness) and has only 1 fan, that being the rear exhaust fan.

The 4150 is also Haswell Refresh, and is probably the best bang for your buck. The stock cooler will be fine.

Stock cooler is more than enough for an i3.

The 4150 is also Haswell Refresh, and is probably the best bang for your buck. The stock cooler will be fine.

Stock cooler is more than enough for an i3.

Should I at least think about replacing the single OEM exhaust fan with something that doesn't suck? It makes lots of noise but moves very little air. I've been trying to look for my ruler so I can measure it and figure out the size lol

I was thinking about going with the 4350 because it has the 4mb cache instead of the 3mb cache. It also has the intel 4600 graphics which would be good for her for going on youtube and on google earth, or at least I would think so.

Should I at least think about replacing the single OEM exhaust fan with something that doesn't suck? It makes lots of noise but moves very little air. I've been trying to look for my ruler so I can measure it and figure out the size lol

I was thinking about going with the 4350 because it has the 4mb cache instead of the 3mb cache. It also has the intel 4600 graphics which would be good for her for going on youtube and on google earth, or at least I would think so.

If it's a shitty fan and you've got a buck or two then yeah replace it, but don't forget there's gonna be no GPU in there making heat, just the minimal amount of heat from an i3 I wouldn't worry too much about that shit.

All Haswell iGPUs are good for you, even the ones on Celerons. Cache doesn't really matter either. Also, measure one side of the fan, not the diagonal.

If it's a shitty fan and you've got a buck or two then yeah replace it, but don't forget there's gonna be no GPU in there making heat, just the minimal amount of heat from an i3 I wouldn't worry too much about that shit.

A very good point. My main reason for wanting a better fan in there is that our entire family smokes, and having something move a bit more air might lower the dust content.

A very good point. My main reason for wanting a better fan in there is that our entire family smokes, and having something move a bit more air might lower the dust content.

or increase it by unnecessarily increasing airflow through the machine, thus increasing the amount of smoke that passes into it over time.

or increase it by unnecessarily increasing airflow through the machine, thus increasing the amount of smoke that passes into it over time.

So flip it around and have it be intake instead of exhaust? lol. That way the case is under positive pressure?

So flip it around and have it be intake instead of exhaust? lol. That way the case is under positive pressure?

nah, I'd just leave it alone, if it isn't cooling properly or is too loud then swap it out.