K70 RGB Caps Lock Issue

Fluffy_Kittens

I just got my K70 RGB keyboard, updated the software and have tried playing games with it. After hitting caps lock about 10 times the light freezes and I have to restart my computer to fix it. Is there any way to solve this issue? It also says there is a malfunction in the status.

post-41750-0-80231700-1410390983.png

I just got my K70 RGB keyboard, updated the software and have tried playing games with it. After hitting caps lock about 10 times the light freezes and I have to restart my computer to fix it. Is there any way to solve this issue? It also says there is a malfunction in the status.

Since it's brand spanking new, you will have to contact Corsair or RMA it.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Do you have another computer you could test it out on before you RMA it? It could just be drivers/software conflicting.  It sounds like its hardware failure but it helps to know for sure that way if it's not you don't have to wait for the RMA.

My friend has this with his K70 in the UK, has to restart to stop the light sticking on. Seems to be a few people that get it, no issue on mine :P 

Seems it's new contact corsair RMA and they'll sort it out for you :)

Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Corsair H100i V2 | MSI GD65-Z77A | NZXT Tempest 410 Elite | MSI 1080Ti Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @ 1600Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair RM650x

• 2 weeks later...

I had the issue.  I figured it was a USB problem type of thing.  Good thing I have a PCI USB card.  Plugged it in there, so far NO PROBLEMS.  Try other USB slots is the best bet.

Corsair 800D Case      NZXT Hue      NZXT Sentry-001LX     EVGA Gold Standard 850W PSU     Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB PC4 C15 DDR4 3000MHz     i5 7600k @ 4.2GHz     Gigabyte GA-Z270 ATX Gaming K3     8 Fans     Titan X     1.5TB Internal SSD    

Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard     Logitech G602     Bose QC15 Headphones     c910 Logitech Webcam(used for microphone also)     (3) 27" LG Monitors     Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers     Logitech Gamepad F310  Oculus Rift Tri-Cams

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY BUILD (not updated)

• 4 months later...

I had the issue.  I figured it was a USB problem type of thing.  Good thing I have a PCI USB card.  Plugged it in there, so far NO PROBLEMS.  Try other USB slots is the best bet.

Thnx mate, this worked for me as well. 

PC Specs:
Mid-2017 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/RP560) | Mid-2014 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/GT750M) | Media/Gaming PC (Specs in Profile)

Audio Specs:
Shure SE846 |AKG N40 |Sennheiser IE80 |Sennheiser HD598 |Fiio E18