What do you think of Destiny?

Azharz

May want to pick it up. But am pretty much broke until after I go to the US next July.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Playing it on PS4.  LVL 17 Hunter.

Its alright. worth trying out IMO.  8/10

Thoughts:

PvE (story) plays great but the PvP (Crucible) plays anywhere from meh to good depending on who your up against.    

I assume PvP will take some "adjusting" (Dying Often) before it becomes "fun" (playable).

Guns don't feel very strong on top of it taking multiple Headshots to kill (4+ in my case).  

super abilities are fun to use but not to die by.

Flashbangs will hurt your eyes.

I love Destiny. I have it on the Xbox One. Once the update comes out for my Xbox I can play in 60 FPS at 4k!

Play Destiny in 4k 60fps?

You sure? 

6.5/10. Overall it is an okay game but not something to write home about. Pre level 15 is boring but after you get past the first 12 or so levels the game gets a bit better.

It is a solid console shooter, I'm only at level 9 but I have enjoyed it so far, the PVP is great.

The way I see it there are 2 kinds of games I enjoy, cinematic story driven games (TLOU, Bioshock, The Witcher etc) and games that are fun because of great gameplay mechanics (Far Cry, Hitman etc). Sometimes they overlap, like GTA or Deus Ex.

Destiny falls into that second camp, its just a fun game and it controls well. Not GOTY or anything, but still decent. It also controls surprisingly well with a controller.

Get the 360 version and get the XOne version free. You'll still be able to play both versions :)

Did just that lol downloading while I'm at work and I'll start one i get home for an hour or two

Not sure how many times I've written in a topic like this but short story: I found the game lacking in content and certain assets felt like useless decoration like the Taxi ship.

Or the speeder bikes you barely get to use because the map is only 100 feet long and filled with twists and turns.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I really don't want to stir up drama or anything. But it seems like all the negative comments are coming from PC players. Why do you come to the console section if you are just going to hate on console games.

Destiny was being made before the new consoles were in development. You type of architecture they was using to build it? A PC architecture so there is a chance the game will release on PC in the future. 

According to me I've seen many videos of Destiny gameplay and its a whole copy of Tribes: Ascend. Nothing is different even the environment looks the same. What do you think guys about it? Fanboys (and girls), I am not talking to you. :D

I'm playing the game and I really like it I think the raid ish part is going to be fun end game also they have heroic versions of bosses so idk I can't speak on it till I reach max Lvl and try out end game content but for now I love the story mode as for pvp I don't like it boring to me

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

Play Destiny in 4k 60fps?

You sure?

Yup and when I buy a better HDMI cable, it will play in 120 fps.

If anyone else had made it, then maybe it'd be considered a good title. But this is Bungie for christ's sake, they make good games. Period. So for them to say that this game is going to be revolutionary and that it's going to be the next big thing were boastful but believable from them, but like the other two new IP's (Titanfall and Watch_Dogs), it was marketed as something more than it was, and in the end it fails because of that. Just my opinion

While I haven't personally played it, I have a friend who bought it and he seems to be bored of it already.
Says it's a lot like the Beta. Which makes sense. But it lacks new elements.

Looks like a broke ass sexual chocolate......

seriously tho, wannabe star citizen that doesn't come even remotely close.

Are you kidding me? It's nothing like Star Citizen, and doesn't even try to be.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

While I haven't personally played it, I have a friend who bought it and he seems to be bored of it already.

Says it's a lot like the Beta. Which makes sense. But it lacks new elements.

Are you kidding me? It's nothing like Star Citizen, and doesn't even try to be.

I guess. but everything just seems lacking when you consider that Star Citizen will have FPS combat, as well as space flight stuff. For now only confirmed for boarding action, but the supposed plan is to have planetside FPS combat as well. Which will be nice.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I guess. but everything just seems lacking when you consider that Star Citizen will have FPS combat, as well as space flight stuff. For now only confirmed for boarding action, but the supposed plan is to have planetside FPS combat as well. Which will be nice.

True, but you're comparing a game not even out of development to a finished title. Destiny is a fps, not a flight sim.

I'm hoping Star Citizen turns out to be as good as all the hype is making it seem. I don't think we'll see FPS planet side combat for many years though.

No Man's Sky will be out long before then, and I think that'll be my go to space sim.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So much hype it didn't meet.

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

I like it.  Playing on PS4.  It definitely have its flaws, but it's a good game.  Though I don't know how long I'll play it since the endgame gear grind is getting to be a chore.

With several long play sessions in really liking it right now. I'm playing it on the Xbox One and is a blast. The story has its meh times and the ghost scans while you defend a lot but the gun play is superb and keeps me engrossed in the game

I personally think its not a great game (as would be the norm for Bungie), but it def lies within the context of a "perfect" gaming experience.

While critically speaking, the game's story is kind of dull, a little repetitive if must and that not just goes towards the genre but the levels and what not. However i do enjoy running around doing missions with friends regardless, exploring different ventures and just general fooling around.

Def not a game to be played alone.

And which console do you prefer it to play on?

Ps4 of course.

What?

I personally think its not a great game (as would be the norm for Bungie), but it def lies within the context of a "perfect" gaming experience.

While critically speaking, the game's story is kind of dull, a little repetitive if must and that not just goes towards the genre but the levels and what not. However i do enjoy running around doing missions with friends regardless, exploring different ventures and just general fooling around.

Def not a game to be played alone.

Ps4 of course.

And what about XBONE?

And what about XBONE?

I went for the PS4 because of several exclusives and tbh microsoft lost me at their press conference last year at E3 or something. Not to say the XBONE is a terrible console, which it isnt (virtually equal specs with the ps4), but i guess sony sold me over faster than microsoft did. That being said thou, i do love the look of the ps4 esp the white one.

Whether you play Destiny on the PS4 or Xbox One, its pretty much the same thing, so if you're buying a console to play Destiny, either one is perfectly fine.

What?

It looks like a creatively bankrupt and shallow hollywood property, kind of like that hollow sci-fi movie with Tom Cruise in it. So even if people said it was freaking amazing I wouldn't be interested one bit.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.