R7 265, R9 270 or GeForce?

AdsStan

So my original plan was to get a R9 270 but the R9 265 is basically the same and cheaper but I was just wondering if I get a card that runs the same but cheaper or something what runs better for the same price (£140 - £150). Yes I could just go on PCPartpicker but I don't know alot about nvidia cards because I am a bit of an AMD fan boy so yeah.

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

just go for the 265, like you said its the same card at a slower clock speed 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

For just over 150GBP you can get an R9 280.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9280atdfd

yh i know but i cannot go over £150 im on budget bro =[

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

just go for the 265, like you said its the same card at a slower clock speed 

yeh clock speeds on a graphics card means nothing to me its all about the cores

Bapple \ '-' /

Do what you feel fits you, You know what you need better than anyone else.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

That is the most helpful post I've ever seen on this site.

its up to 4gb gddr5 and slightly faster but i could just get this

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-112170420g  

Bapple \ '-' /

yeh true but the R7 265 suits my needs right now but i feel like there is something whats more powerful for the price

Bapple \ '-' /

You won't benefit from the extra 2 GB and the Tri-X card is top tier for Sapphire right behind their Vapor-X ones.

very true but it still makes the difference

Bapple \ '-' /

very true but it still makes the difference

Still, I would only get the Dual-X if there's size problems in your case.

Still, I would only get the Dual-X if there's size problems in your case.

size should be fine its a bitfenix neos

Bapple \ '-' /

@AdsStan

Get the 265 if you want value and the 270 of you want power.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

R9 270 and here is why:
-More cores than a 265

-Costs less than a 270X

-Is EXACTLY the same card as a 270X, it just has lowered clocks

-You can always SAFELY OC to 270X clocks and enjoy the free performance increase

yeh clock speeds on a graphics card means nothing to me its all about the cores

Which is convenient. The R7 265 has 4 disabled GCN CUs compared to the 270 (1024 cores vs 1280).

R7 265 is not very well priced in the UK either.

I'd suggest either a 270X Dual-X (these are usually £120 ish) or stretch the budget, I saw a Gigabyte R9 280 (new PCB version) for £149.99. I think it was on Scan.

270. Or a GTX 750 Ti if you want NVIDIA.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

@AdsStan

Get the 265 if you want value and the 270 of you want power.

yh ill probs just get the 265 untill i can afford something like the R9 280X or a 290

Bapple \ '-' /