Performance increase from 8350 to 5820k

Sequence

Been looking very closely at the x99 platform and the new cpu's, the 5820k looks like an absolute boss i don't need the 40 pcie lanes so the 5820k is fine and i don't have the money to blow on the 8 core but i am just wondering how much of a performance difference would i be getting with the 5820k over a 4.7 ghz amd fx 8350 ? im sure it is quite substantial.. 

Amazing for actual work loads, most likely "Eh" for gaming in terms of seeing much of a boost. But that's to be expected.

Enormous. Going from a pseudo-eight core to a massive hexa core with hyperthreading is night and day.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

That's what i thought just them ddr4 prices making me wonder at the moment 

A massive one.

pretty much this. in gaming, the improved single threaded performance will rule, in rendering, there is literally no contest

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I do stream quite a bit im guessing this would also be improved upon alot to 

Massive one, I am about to go with the 5820k since it is an absolute monster video editing and modelling wise

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

It'll probably be a ~5-8x improvement for workstation use gaming wise currently gaming rarely ever utulizes above an i3...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

It'll probably be a ~5-8x improvement for workstation use gaming wise currently gaming rarely ever utulizes above an i3...

Then you should stop saying the 8320 is the best price/performance cpu for gaming.

Then you should stop saying the 8320 is the best price/performance cpu for gaming.

I don't say that; it's got great price to performance overall... and it's damn fine for gaming also I said rarely not never... and who mentioned 8320 in this thread? I sure as hell didn't >.>

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas