missing updatetool.exe in windows

hey i have recently been using my windows 7 pc for gaming and just random internet browsing and when i turned on the computer i noticed that the computer said that it couldn't find the UpdateTool.exe and i had never messed with the windows files... anyone know how to help me fix the problem?

hey i have recently been using my windows 7 pc for gaming and just random internet browsing and when i turned on the computer i noticed that the computer said that it couldn't find the UpdateTool.exe and i had never messed with the windows files... anyone know how to help me fix the problem?

U need to grab Malewarebytes and use it. To it sounds like you have a virus of some sort that is eating away at your os install.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

i

U need to grab Malewarebytes and use it. To it sounds like you have a virus of some sort that is eating away at your os install.

That's not something that comes with windows. It could be a virus or just a file missing from a program.  Download this and run a scan just to be safe.: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Its origin not windows i had this error

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-Problem-Can-t-find-UpdateTool-exe/td-p/436874

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

i just uninstalled origin and every thing seems to be working fine thank you for helping.