NZXT HUE with LED or Icemodz led with regular controller?

youshouldknow

I want LEDs and a controller for my pc. Ive narrowed it down to the HUE or Icemodz RGB LED with their regular controller what should i get?

I got the Hue and its great. Not good for white lighting though.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The hue is really weak. I would get the other one.

How is it 'weak' ? Have you tried it?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I got the Hue and its great. Not good for white lighting though.

im mainly going to use white so you wouldnt recommend it?

im mainly going to use white so you wouldnt recommend it?

No, because its RGB and R+G+B does not make a nice white.

Get a pure white LED strip, or a RGB strip that has dedicated white LEDs

I modded my NZXT Hue to work with bitfenix white LED strips

Spoiler

No, because its RGB and R+G+B does not make a nice white.

Get a pure white LED strip, or a RGB strip that has dedicated white LEDs

I modded my NZXT Hue to work with bitfenix white LED strips

im actually pretty interested as well cause im going to be buying some leds as well. So the hue isnt the good for white but what about the icemodz?

im actually pretty interested as well cause im going to be buying some leds as well. So the hue isnt the good for white but what about the icemodz?

The image of white look pretty white to me, but in person its always different...

Are you looking for only white?

Do you need to be able to turn it on and off? (i'm guessing yes because you are looking at ones with controllers...?)

Spoiler

The image of white look pretty white to me, but in person its always different...

Do you need to be able to turn it on and off? (i'm guessing yes because you are looking at ones with controllers...?)

well im not sure what the original person wanted, but i want mine to be able to do effects like pulsing and maybe change colours once in a while

i just want to change the colour from white to blue and some effects like flashing and the fade colors

well im not sure what the original person wanted, but i want mine to be able to do effects like pulsing and maybe change colours once in a while

i just want to change the colour from white to blue and some effects like flashing and the fade colors

The I would look at youtube reviews of the icemodz RGB strip, and see what they say about the white colour. I haven't tried it so idk, but from the image on their website, the white looks pretty pure.

Avoid the Hue if you want white as your main lighting.

Spoiler

The I would look at youtube reviews of the icemodz RGB strip, and see what they say about the white colour. I haven't tried it so idk, but from the image on their website, the white looks pretty pure.

Linus had done a review about a year ago and he said the leds were pretty good......can u post an image of the white on the nzxt hue?

Linus had done a review about a year ago and he said the leds were pretty good......can u post an image of the white on the nzxt hue?

This is what 'white' looked like when I used the RGB Hue in my PC:

post-4438-0-74317400-1409594521_thumb.jp

Pretty blue. And this is after I manually tweaked the 3 colours to make the best white. Turning down blue any more made it look green, and turning down green make it look red, then turning down red made it still too blue.

This is what it looks like with proper white LED strips:

post-4438-0-51026100-1409594648_thumb.jp

Spoiler

attachicon.gif015.JPG

Pretty blue. And this is after I manually tweaked the 3 colours to make the best white. Turning down blue any more made it look green, and turning down green make it look red, then turning down red made it still too blue.

attachicon.gif073.JPG

The picture of RGB white led that icemodz has looks much better in my opinion. what do you think?95629078.jpg

The picture of RGB white led that icemodz has looks much better in my opinion. what do you think?

Looks great. I would give it a shot :) hopefully it looks just as good irl as in that picture 

Spoiler

attachicon.gif015.JPG

attachicon.gif073.JPG

The picture of RGB white led that icemodz has looks much better in my opinion. what do you think?

thanks guys :D i think ill go with icemodz

I also own the NZXT Hue, and I bought it for the customization and the different pulsing modes.  I was deciding between blue and white, and when I saw the Hue, I was like, great, now i can get both and switch when I want to!

The blue of the NZXT Hue looks great, but the white... not so much.  It looks very blue-ish and is not close to a true white.  The customization and different modes are really nice, but I am kind of upset that I cannot get the correct tint of white that I would like.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."