My DUMeter Overview/Review (Software)

Legion

DU Meter Review/Overview/Thingy...

post-6734-0-22808500-1409581498_thumb.jp

Do you notice anything odd about the above picture?

Frequently I’ve been dealing with unexplainable lag, buffering, twitch errors.

Recently I discovered a nifty little application one that has made it very easy to see what traffic is moving through my pc, Windows 8 is supposed to have a nifty way to do this however as I will show the service doesn’t really work.

Because I have previous experience in the IT sector I know other tools exist to check network saturation. However DUMeter includes a taskbar widget that makes it easy to check your traffic at a glance. The widget is available across all taskbars so can sit on another monitor while you play a game.

Features

Monitoring the monitoring tools are what this program is all about and they are pretty detailed

7E9xmu0.png

0cbkepl.png

1fJveWP.jpg

vETlbCF.jpg

Totals and Reports

DuMeter Features an amazing array of reports to view.

Lots of pictures

SMg44B6.png

sjeRaFg.png

vMU02uS.png

Mn3xar8.png

hOtsh2A.png

UkHBaWT.png

vQ6QZXZ.png

iqAknlW.png

iqAknlW.png

oWQl2Xp.png

DuMeter Options Customisation ect.

DUMeter has an insanely wide variety of options some are suited for those who must have everything measured correctly and with standards but others such as showing only WAN traffic which I found to be the single greatest feature about DUMeter.

bgwcjPu.png

DMrok91.png

kamE1qP.png

K32kbFS.png

izyE8fw.png

lz8NTGf.png

b63h14H.png

Pricing

http://www.hageltech.com/dumeter/buy

21.95$ However upon uninstalling you are giving a link to pay what you want, I believe the minimum price is 7.50$

I paid around 10.

The software comes with a 30 day free trial to see if the product is worth your money.

Sadly I can't give out the link to pay your own price it expires after 2 hours and is against CoC.

Score

Overall I give the product 4/5 or a single thumb up.

It does what I need and does it well, My only complaint is the initial barrier for entry is a bit high for a consumer use. Although I know this software isn't targeting a residential consumer I can't help but remember the level of detail in networking tools for commercial use.

Congrats guys you made it through my first review/overview thing. Sorry about how poorly written and light on content it is.

KxQ0854.jpg

huR3SSj.png

Bye All!

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

• 1 month later...

used this (trial) for several weeks, but found some smaller, free and similar software. networx :D

nice review btw!

CPU:  i5 4690 Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz Graphics Card: Sapphire HD7870 OC Intel HD4600  MSI R9 270X HAWX Storage: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm, 120GB WDC Scorpio 5400 rpm PSU: Corsair VS550 Chassis: Custom Open Air Case OS: Windows 8.1 X64 Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical Mousepad: Roccat Taito Keyboard: Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-770i

I used to use DUMeter years ago (Circa 2005) when I was in College. The residence campus had a really shitty 10GB/week limit, so I ordered Rogers Cable Internet (Was the only ISP you could get there), though they had a 60GB/month limit.

Problem was, Rogers would say that my limit was reached much faster then it should. So I looked online and found DUMeter. Ended up buying it (long since lost the activation code though, as it was several emails ago). Turns out, Rogers was REALLY inaccurate and I would reach my limit much sooner then I actually did.

When I confronted them about it, they basically said the program was wrong - I was not impressed.

Either way, back then, I was super impressed with all the features it had to offer.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)