4K Gaming PC New Build - Advice Request

Onto what I do have though how the blazes do you secure the HDD cady to the front drive bay slot? I removed the bays from the botom of the case as I want to install other fans there, and I will probably put a radiator for the GPUs there in future. I wanted to have my SSD and HDD underneath my ODD at the top of the case underneath the IO ports, but cant for the life of me figure out how to secure the bays in there. Theres no holes or anything to screw it in.

You will need to get some adapter brackets. Something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1B0-0003-00001&cm_re=ssd_bracket-_-1B0-0003-00001-_-Product or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994160&cm_re=ssd_bracket-_-17-994-160-_-Product should work.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Finally finished building the system tonight, turned it on for the first time to see the usb device over current status detected post message. Tried removing every cable besides the 24pin and ATX CPU cables at the top of the motherboard and the CPU fan connectors but cant get the message to go away. Even removed the cmos battery and removed power for a while and still same error. I cant get into the BIOS either, every time it comes up saying hit del or f2 to enter BIOS but nothing happens when i hit those keys, eventually goes to the over volt message. Any idea how I can fix this? I'm starting to think the MB is dead, how can a USB port be shorting when there not connected to power because the cables are disconnected?

Finally finished building the system tonight, turned it on for the first time to see the usb device over current status detected post message. Tried removing every cable besides the 24pin and ATX CPU cables at the top of the motherboard and the CPU fan connectors but cant get the message to go away. Even removed the cmos battery and removed power for a while and still same error. I cant get into the BIOS either, every time it comes up saying hit del or f2 to enter BIOS but nothing happens when i hit those keys, eventually goes to the over volt message. Any idea how I can fix this? I'm starting to think the MB is dead, how can a USB port be shorting when there not connected to power because the cables are disconnected?

1. Remove any attached USB cables. If the keyboard and mouse are USB, remove them and see if the issue persists. If not, try different USB ports, one device at a time.
  2. Did you remove the front-panel USB connector?
  3. Check underneath the motherboard to see if something is shorting. Also examine the top of the motherboard. Perhaps a screw or something else is causing a short.

Yeah there the first things I checked. Can't see any loose screws or even a touching USB port everything looks fine.

I did I removed all the cables except the power 24pin and atx power cable. Don't have anything connected to the USB ports either no keyboard or mouse.

I took it to my local PC store he seems to think the board is not grounded properly so he's going to remove then re screw it in place. Hope it's something simple like that and nothings damaged already spent over 5 grand on this thing!

Yeah there the first things I checked. Can't see any loose screws or even a touching USB port everything looks fine.

I did I removed all the cables except the power 24pin and atx power cable. Don't have anything connected to the USB ports either no keyboard or mouse.

I took it to my local PC store he seems to think the board is not grounded properly so he's going to remove then re screw it in place. Hope it's something simple like that and nothings damaged already spent over 5 grand on this thing!

If you removed all the cables except the two from the psu into the motherboard, how did you turn on the system?

All the cables but the power cables. Picked up my motherboard from my local store they seem to think the board is dead, DOA adamant it was not damaged by me in installation. Funny the manager told me they have had 4 motherboards with this problem already all DOA. Bit of a worry considering X99 has only been out, what a few weeks? Wonder if this is a design fault.  Need to take the motherboard back to the store tomorrow and wait 2 weeks for new stock. Sigh, knew I should of waited I rushed into getting the crappy RAM, 780ti DCUII instead of matrix, and the deluxe instead of the rampage just because I did not want to wait, and now I'm going to have to wait anyway! Might see if the store can refund them for me, if I have to wait 2 weeks then i might as well wait till the 980 is out.

All the cables but the power cables. Picked up my motherboard from my local store they seem to think the board is dead, DOA adamant it was not damaged by me in installation. Funny the manager told me they have had 4 motherboards with this problem already all DOA. Bit of a worry considering X99 has only been out, what a few weeks? Wonder if this is a design fault.  Need to take the motherboard back to the store tomorrow and wait 2 weeks for new stock. Sigh, knew I should of waited I rushed into getting the crappy RAM, 780ti DCUII instead of matrix, and the deluxe instead of the rampage just because I did not want to wait, and now I'm going to have to wait anyway! Might see if the store can refund them for me, if I have to wait 2 weeks then i might as well wait till the 980 is out.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like there are some production issues still to work out with those motherboards.

No worries, thank you for all the advice and assistance over the past few days. Yea, one of the risks you take diving into new technologies. Not as bad as I feared, I got a call from my local PC store this arvo saying the motherboard should be in on Thursday, dunno where they got 2 weeks from. Fingers & toes crossed this one works.......