Homeworld & Homeworld 2 REMASTERED

So, I was reading through the Gearbox forum and came across an article regarding the new Remastered Editions of Homeworld and Homeworld 2.  I believe we all know about Gearbox buying back the IPs, however, I found their wording on how they've remastered it sort of odd.

Original Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/14/5411514/borderlands-3-homeworld-new-gearbox-software-games

Quote from  CEO and president Randy Pitchford:

"So we invested a lot to remaster the original Homeworld and Homeworld 2. We'll be releasing them on digital platforms in fully remastered — not just ported to work, but fully remastered. If you have a new crazy-ass Nvidia 780TI or an Nvidia Titan and you happen to have one of those $3,000 4K monitors, you're going to see an unbelievable image."

Pitchford says the fidelity of a ship is larger than what can fit on a 4K screen.  <----  What does that even mean?  If it doesn't fit, just zoom out?  But he goes on....

"We went nuts in the high-definition treatment on this," he said. "It's really UHD, not just HD. That's too low. We got with the original audio guys and remastered all the audio. It's really impressive."

While I agree, pushing the envelope of graphic fidelity in PC gaming is a must - higher-resolution textures, increased polygon count, more dynamic shaders, advanced AI, etc is a must - I hate it when they get CEOs to dumb-down devs work by mis-labeling and mis-representing what your actual workers are doing.  I can run all modern games (and probably some older ones with a big of config hacking) at 4k.  Heck, even the original Homeworld and Homeworld 2 will run at 4k, or "UHD" right now, without remastering them.  

Come on guys, don't jump on the jargon band wagon, give us some real news, not tags to satisfy Google Search algorithms.  If you don't know what you're talking about, its better to bring out someone who does.  CEOs shouldn't be out talking about game developement, game developers should be talking about game development!

Sorry, I may be a little touchy, I loved the Homeworld games and am ecstatic that a remastered edition is coming out for those two games, I just hate tech 'buzz words' and how people use them.  (rant over)

See? This is why I like Gearbox. I like the "Fuck yeah we're doing that" attitude they have. Unlike the calm careful hush hush attitude everyone else has.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

See? This is why I like Gearbox. I like the "Fuck yeah we're doing that" attitude they have. 

Unfortunately, they also apply that attitude to projects that are utter shit, like Aliens: Colonial Marines. :P

Unfortunately, they also apply that attitude to projects that are utter shit, like Aliens: Colonial Marines. :P

True.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

We need more games like Homeworld and Empire at War. Just enough management to keep things interesting, but at the end of the day just a clusterfuck of ships shooting ships and then more ships shooting more ships. 

Wow gearbox has done something that isn't total shit recently. Funny how that thing is just polishing other peoples works and reselling it. But I loved the homeworld games and will be picking this up the second it drops. 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Pitchford says the fidelity of a ship is larger than what can fit on a 4K screen.  <----  What does that even mean?  If it doesn't fit, just zoom out?

I guess he's talking about the UV map ? I don't know, that's kind of confusing xD 

I guess he's talking about the UV map ? I don't know, that's kind of confusing xD 

Maybe the original textures are so freaking huge? Maybe something along those lines? Or maybe he's saying that the textures are something that would hold up on even higher larger resolutions. 

I say bring it. The asus 4k monitor just got in stock at the stores here and as soon as i get my paycheck i'm getting one. Just for the love of god don't pull an AOE2 HD.

Take your time. Charge 5-10$ extra but do it right