Acer H236HL vs Asus VX229H for surrond gaming.

So I came across these 2 monitors while searching for the best monitor under 200$ for 3 monitor surround gaming. The Asus one is a bit cheaper but lacks the accessories in the Acer one. Anyone had experience on either or both that care to share their opinion? It will help me out a lot. :)

Acer H236HL: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX1AJ7385&cm_re=acer_h236hl-_-24-009-483-_-Product

Asus VX229H: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236363&cm_re=asus_vx229h-_-24-236-363-_-Product

The 21.5in Version of the Acer monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009484&cm_re=acer_h236hl-_-24-009-483-_-Product

Either you're master race or you're not.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I would say acer because o the contrast ration and bigger size, however if you don't care much about those you can go for the asus and be perfectly fine, especially since when buying 3 monitors saving money becomes 3 times as important.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I would say acer because o the contrast ration and bigger size, however if you don't care much about those you can go for the asus and be perfectly fine, especially since when buying 3 monitors saving money becomes 3 times as important.

The Asus one after factoring in seperate cables i would need is about 70$ cheaper, but do you know anyone with experience on the monitor?

The Asus one after factoring in seperate cables i would need is about 70$ cheaper, but do you know anyone with experience on the monitor?

Unfortunately I don't. Asus is usually extremely reliable, however there can always be exceptions I guess...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Unfortunately I don't. Asus is usually extremely reliable, however there can always be exceptions I guess...

I use Asus for most of my other electronics, never had a monitor from them, not many reviewier review their monitors, at least ones that i know i can trust.

Neither have vesa mounts, do you have the room for all three montiors and stands on your desk? If thats a non issue then Asus ones get my vote, but would suggest spending a little more and get these if you can, pretty good deal right now.

Neither have vesa mounts, do you have the room for all three montiors and stands on your desk? If thats a non issue then Asus ones get my vote, but would suggest spending a little more and get these if you can, pretty good deal right now.

my desk can fix up to 3 24in monitors, the dell one u suggest looks like it has bigger bezels, im planning on using the monitors in surround so the smaller bezel the better

my desk can fix up to 3 24in monitors, the dell one u suggest looks like it has bigger bezels, im planning on using the monitors in surround so the smaller bezel the better

Are you up for de-bezelling? If not no worries figured I'd mention it cause them monitors are sexy. I've used the MX239H and it was gorgeous, but I'm not sure on the differences between the VX and MX series so if the differences are negligible my vote sticks with the VX229H.

Are you up for de-bezelling? If not no worries figured I'd mention it cause them monitors are sexy. I've used the MX239H and it was gorgeous, but I'm not sure on the differences between the VX and MX series so if the differences are negligible my vote sticks with the VX229H.

I'm leaning towards the Asus because of the price and all, the only thing is I can't really find any reviews on the monitor, adside for the newegg page. I've own a 19 in Asus monitor before, but it was a pretty cheap one and the stand is terrible, how the sundail stand?

I'm leaning towards the Asus because of the price and all, the only thing is I can't really find any reviews on the monitor, adside for the newegg page. I've own a 19 in Asus monitor before, but it was a pretty cheap one and the stand is terrible, how the sundail stand?

OK, and definitely better then the average plastic stand, though nothing like my PB278Q's behemoth of a stand but they're not really comparable :P.

OK, and definitely better then the average plastic stand, though nothing like my PB278Q's behemoth of a stand but they're not really comparable :P.

does the stand wabble or move when u touch it or bump it?

@killerdann12

Not much but still a little, but the VX229H is cheaper than the MX239H so it might not have the same build quality.

@killerdann12

Not much but still a little, but the VX229H is cheaper than the MX239H so it might not have the same build quality.

ya your right, but can't seem to find a review on the VX229H though.

I have the 21.5" version of the Acer and its a pretty decent monitor. Clear, sharp, and crisp. The only downside (not to me) I guess you could say is the outputs point straight out the back. Tho I guess that's to keep them as thin as they are.

I have the 21.5" version of the Acer and its a pretty decent monitor. Clear, sharp, and crisp. The only downside (not to me) I guess you could say is the outputs point straight out the back. Tho I guess that's to keep them as thin as they are.

thats not really a issue, most thin monitors have the connetors sticking out the back. thanks for the input, now just need to know hows the Asus from someone. :)

The Acer one thats the same size as the Asus one is actually cheaper. That changes everything

how do you like it, hows the stand as there is no vesa mount, im considering getting the 21.5" verison as it is cheaper.

The contrast ratio that I assume you're referring to is the 100,000,000:1 on the Acer vs the 80,000,000:1 on the ASUS. This is the dynamic contrast ratio and is just crap in reality. Manufactures over exaggerate this fake dynamic contrast ratio so people will look at it and go "WOW! 100,000,000:1 contrast ratio! That's amazing! When in reality the actual contrast ratio is usually will be around 1,000:1 and is referred to as the "static contrast ratio". This is the real contrast ratio. The dynamic contrast ratio is measured when the monitor goes completely black to completely white and it usually does this by increasing & decreasing the brightness and contrast of the monitor depending on what's being displayed. So in short the 100,000,000:1 and 80,000,000:1 contrast ratios you see are just marketing and should be ignored because in reality, when these dynamic contrast ratios are measured, they usually end up being in the hundreds or thousands and not millions. So please...ignore the million - one contrast ratios you see because they are not realistic.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator