Round 4 (Finished Build Minus Extras & Water-cooling)

ddbtkd456

This is the finished (hardware side) of my build I have yet to do the water cooling.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.99 @ Newegg)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Cooling MX4 4g Thermal Paste  ($5.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($148.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($444.93 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case  ($319.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor  ($479.99 @ NCIX US)
Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($29.50 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($29.50 @ Amazon)
Fan Controller: NZXT SENTRY 3 Fan Controller  ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 Wired Optical Mouse  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Logitech G930 7.1 Channel Headset  ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Speakers: Logitech Z623 200W 2.1ch Speakers  ($118.99 @ Amazon)
Other: Custom Cables From EVGA ($89.99)
Total: $3834.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-28 01:34 EDT-0400

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

This has more rounds than a heavyweight title match. :P

I would seriously go with WD drives they are much more reliable.

This has more rounds than a heavyweight title match. :P

Shit this is only build 1...

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

In my defense it is twice the cost for a 3TB.

In practice, they should be about the same or the difference isn't worth caring about.

I would make sure those 780's are reference PCB

You would be better off with a good pair of headphones with a DAC/amp and a separate mic.

Error: 410

And you know this information from where?

Seagate are perfectly fine.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

In practice, they should be about the same or the difference isn't worth caring about.

You would be better off with a good pair of headphones with a DAC/amp and a separate mic.

I don't use the mic....also suggestions?

I've been running nothing but seagates in all my builds and have some that out lasted WD.

I'm sure that they are fine I am just weary of them as awhile back someone on the forum posted some scary failure rates. NOt sure how legit those numbers were but I didn't like them

These should work shouldn't they?

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc780-gtx-wf3-acetal-nickel.html

I don't use the mic....also suggestions?

Blue snowball or Blue snowflake.

Blue Yeti better than both, but you're probably not interested in that.

Appears it should, I assume you picked that off of the EK cooling configurator.

I'm sure that they are fine I am just weary of them as awhile back someone on the forum posted some scary failure rates. NOt sure how legit those numbers were but I didn't like them

Odds are that also cites that horribly executed "study" of failure rates reported by Blackblaze.

I meant headphones not actually microphones... :P

Appears it should, I assume you picked that off of the EK cooling configurator.

Odds are that also cites that horribly executed "study" of failure rates reported by Blackblaze.

Yep...and double checked it.

Those numbers were absolute bullshit.

It was the one that showed Hitachi *cough* DeathStar *cough* on top, wasn't it?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yep and that was the one that led to believe as well...the black whatever.

lel, I wasn't sure if anyone else knew of the DeathStars (my dream build below has them)

I meant headphones not actually microphones... :P

save that for last once you have everything planned out and then take the rest of your budget to the audio subforum and they should be able to pick out a amp/DAC combo with a decent pair of headphones.

Just a question why do you have a john deere chainsaw in your sig?

troll sig, frequently catches people.

lel, I wasn't sure if anyone else knew of the DeathStars (my dream build below has them)

save that for last once you have everything planned out and then take the rest of your budget to the audio subforum and they should be able to pick out a amp/DAC combo with a decent pair of headphones.

Just a question why do you have a john deere chainsaw in your sig?

Ain't the 880 meant to be out in September? Wait and get one of those :-D

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530