Are the Corsair RM850 cables compatible with AX860 ?

So currently i have RM850 in my rig and i'm giving it to a friend and upgrading to AX860 

the thing is i like the RM flat black cables and i already done a fine job of cable management

since the AX860 comes with ugly sleeving i was wondering if i can just use the RM cables that i already have

and give the AX cables to my friend along with the RM850

so i end up with AX860 and RM850 cables 

because to be honest i don't plan to spend money on Corsair sleeved kit or a sleeved extensions  

Please don't take chances with cables, cables can melt when conducting more current than they're rated to - Just purchase according to compatibility. They cost more for a reason, because they can handle more.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Please don't take chances with cables, cables can melt when conducting more current than they're rated to - Just purchase according to compatibility. They cost more for a reason, because they can handle more.

i'm not gonna take any chances that's why i'm asking in the first place 

yes i saw that and i'm still not sure .. that's why i'm asking 

i'm not gonna do anything before i'm 100% sure it's ok

i'm not gonna take any chances that's why i'm asking in the first place 

yes i saw that and i'm still not sure .. that's why i'm asking 

i'm not gonna do anything before i'm 100% sure it's ok

That corsair cable kit is rated to handle the rm and ax series, however, what came standard with your rm may not be able to handle the ax psu

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Doesn't the AX860 come with low profile cables too? (Except for the 24 pin but eh)

That corsair cable kit is rated to handle the rm and ax series, however, what came standard with your rm may not be able to handle the ax psu

It's to do with the pin outs being different, not the capacity of the cables.  :rolleyes:

It's to do with the pin outs being different, not the capacity of the cables.  :rolleyes:

I take it you're not familiar with the basics of electricity?