Need Help Choosing Case

Would definitely replace the RAM with 2x4GB modules to take advantage of dual channel, http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f314900cl8d8gbxm is a good one. As for a case if you want a super solid case and you have the money for it Corsair C70 is a fantastic choice. Otherwise you could look into some of the cheaper Fractal Design or Corsair cases. Both make very good cases.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Define R4.

Hi I am new to making/building your own PC and choosing parts.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CloakedHalo96/saved/WMhmP6

I need help finding a case, and any criticizations and reccomendations of this build plan are welcome. This will be for gaming and I want to be able to play at least BF4 in, at the very least 30 or so FPS.

You can pickup the Intel i5 4690K CPU and ASUS Z97-C for about the same price. For a good overclock you will need a different CPU cooler.

Case suggestions.. Fractal Design Arc Midi R2, Corsair Carbide Air 540 and Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

You can pickup the Intel i5 4690K CPU and ASUS Z97-C for about the same price. For a good overclock you will need a different CPU cooler.

Case suggestions.. Fractal Design Arc Midi R2, Corsair Carbide Air 540 and Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

What would the advantage of the 4690k?

Hi I am new to making/building your own PC and choosing parts.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CloakedHalo96/saved/WMhmP6

I need help finding a case, and any criticizations and reccomendations of this build plan are welcome. This will be for gaming and I want to be able to play at least BF4 in, at the very least 30 or so FPS.

I would urge you to go with the newest generation of cpu and motherboard.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($86.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($75.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($269.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($13.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $972.88

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-27 19:47 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The reason I chose 8gb instead of 2x4 is because I want to have the choice to upgrade to 16 gb later on. Would the dual be better to use than the single channel, in the long run? I want to have this fora few years at least. Don't know the big difference.

The reason I chose 8gb instead of 2x4 is because I want to have the choice to upgrade to 16 gb later on. Would the dual be better to use than the single channel, in the long run? I want to have this fora few years at least. Don't know the big difference.

Just buy another 2 x 4GB when you want to add more.

What would the advantage of the 4690k?

Small speed increase, updated TIM for lower temperatures and better overclocking.