Has anyone had SATA ports die on a motherboard?

I am running Windows 7 on an AMD FX-8150 with a Gigabyte GA-970-D3 motherboard. My Seagate 2T 7200 RPM HDD kept randomly dying. I could not even select it in the BIOS. I tried a bunch of different SATA ports, and after 3 fails, one worked. The motherboard is only two years old. This is crazy. 

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

PSU: XFX 850W

Graphics: EVGA 660ti

RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance

I was using a Sandisk Ready Cache 32gb SSD, but now i am using that SATA port for my main drive, and it seems like none of the others work, so it is not longer recognized.

I am hoping that this is some fixable situation (that that my motherboard is not toast).

Thanks.

I had an issue the other day where it couldnt find the boot drive i reset the bios and its fine so try that and see what happens

Thanks. I tried this, but I still get the same situation. The only way to get it to work is to use this one SATA port. 

looks like you PC is telling you to upgrade him/her lolz

ok back to the topic

I think you can't do much either, I will suggest getting a new mobo

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.