Xbox conference 2013 Today

MzCatieB

i have the feeling im going to make my self a steam box rather than blowing £400 on 1 of these... then finding a mod for it for the kinect which it most likely will have

Character artist in the Games industry.

his game/movie/anything reviews and opinions are generally right.

honest to god, i want to get a game or go see something i watch a review from him and depending on what he says i get it or not.

just cause he speaks the truth and gets angry allot doesn't make him an idiot 

he's blows things completely out of proportion.

What's really wrong with Microsoft locking a game to an account/paying a 2nd hand fee. No one complains about Steam. Do you expect them to allow a game to be bought once for your whole group of friends to play through? 

Xbox live fee - If you've ever used it you'll know it's actually got content on it. If you can't afford $50 a year you probably shouldn't have an Xbox or the internet in the 1st place.

Entertainment system vs game system? It's given that it's a game system, I dont see why there's any complaint over the Xbox 1 being able to more than just play game. Like that's a bad thing? I didn't buy a PC just to put Steam on it.

They say they'll have 15 exclusives, he just calls BS and says 2-3 max. Yeah alright?

Catch flak over the COD demo? That's on COD not MS.

he's blows things completely out of proportion.

What's really wrong with Microsoft locking a game to an account/paying a 2nd hand fee. No one complains about Steam. Do you expect them to allow a game to be bought once for your whole group of friends to play through? 

Xbox live fee - If you've ever used it you'll know it's actually got content on it. If you can't afford $50 a year you probably shouldn't have an Xbox or the internet in the 1st place.

Entertainment system vs game system? It's given that it's a game system, I dont see why there's any complaint over the Xbox 1 being able to more than just play game. Like that's a bad thing? I didn't buy a PC just to put Steam on it.

They say they'll have 15 exclusives, he just calls BS and says 2-3 max. Yeah alright?

Catch flak over the COD demo? That's on COD not MS.

1. He's not blowing things out of proportion.

2. No one complains about Steam because this isn't new on the PC. When Steam first came out people were ravaging like lunatics, but it was small and as Steam grew, so did the community since there was literally NOTHING else like Steam years ago.

3. Xbox Live Gold IS NOT WORTH IT. Name 5 things that is actually worth the $50 a year.

4. I agree, I think it's great that they showed the console completely and what it's all about, I'll wait till E3 to see games and how it performs.

5. 15 exclusives, but it's 8 "new" IPs. I haven't gotten that far in the video yet to see what he is really complaining about, but I think he means 2-3 REAL exclusives. *EDIT Wow, I didn't know he would actually say "real exclusives" haha. He is saying that Microsoft might be saying that CoD will have a partnership with MS and everyone will have the DLC on the Xbox first for a month. Microsoft has said that it is an "exclusive" before. Joe is saying real exclusives, as in NEW games, not a new Gears or Halo or Forza.

6. CoD is gay.

Its; 60$ per year now. Microsoft increased the price.

Steam has games for cheap. So its like if you got used games. Hence why it's more acceptable.

Its; 60$ per year now. Microsoft increased the price.

Steam has games for cheap. So its like if you got used games. Hence why it's more acceptable.

Can you post a source for $60 a year? Would like to read it :3

its not going to be backwards compatible... i wouldn't mind if you could trade in your 360 games for a current gen copy of the same game... overall that really fucked it for me

You can't even lend games to your friend now...

1. He's not blowing things out of proportion.

2. No one complains about Steam because this isn't new on the PC. When Steam first came out people were ravaging like lunatics, but it was small and as Steam grew, so did the community since there was literally NOTHING else like Steam years ago.

3. Xbox Live Gold IS NOT WORTH IT. Name 5 things that is actually worth the $50 a year.

4. I agree, I think it's great that they showed the console completely and what it's all about, I'll wait till E3 to see games and how it performs.

5. 15 exclusives, but it's 8 "new" IPs. I haven't gotten that far in the video yet to see what he is really complaining about, but I think he means 2-3 REAL exclusives. *EDIT Wow, I didn't know he would actually say "real exclusives" haha. He is saying that Microsoft might be saying that CoD will have a partnership with MS and everyone will have the DLC on the Xbox first for a month. Microsoft has said that it is an "exclusive" before. Joe is saying real exclusives, as in NEW games, not a new Gears or Halo or Forza.

6. CoD is gay.

1)... You tell me this guy isn't alarmist to get views?

2) Fair, but people need to get used to it, if you expect to have your games for free then there's something wrong with your expectations

3) Nothing I'm interested in, but my point is that PSN has no content compared to xbox live. If you expect access to freebees (that cost something to produce) then there's something wrong with your expectations

Can you post a source for $60 a year? Would like to read it :3

http://www.ozgameshop.com/xbox-360-accessories/xbox-live-gold-12-months-membership-card-email-code-only-xbox-360

1)... You tell me this guy isn't alarmist to get views?

2) Fair, but people need to get used to it, if you expect to have your games for free then there's something wrong with your expectations

3) Nothing I'm interested in, but my point is that PSN has no content compared to xbox live. If you expect access to freebees (that cost something to produce) then there's something wrong with your expectations

http://www.ozgameshop.com/xbox-360-accessories/xbox-live-gold-12-months-membership-card-email-code-only-xbox-360

1. Could be both! It is a "rant" :P Sure he might not need to yell...maybe you'd like Boogie2988, he does a "rant" and an actual video.

Actual impression:

Rant:

Really cool guy, I go to him and TotalBiscuit for most of my gaming things.

2. Yes, I do agree with it and I always buy my games brand new whether it's for PC or console. It's going to happen sooner or later!

3. Sure, but with Xbox Live you really only get the sense of security as they do system checks and ban people who cheat or modify their console, to me that really isn't worth it. Gold members used to get access to demos early, but most developers stopped doing demos, now the only thing really left is party chat(8 people max) and Netflix/Hulu, which I can use my PS, PC, and Wii to view for free.

Oh and thanks Goodbytes!

Actual impression:

Really cool guy, I go to him and TotalBiscuit for most of my gaming things.

So much easier to listen to someone that's expressing level headed commentry

XBox One is less powerful than the PS4? Aren't the specs virtually identical?

They are using the same processor more or less cept the PS4 is clocked higher.

But PS4 has GDDR5 RAM as opposed to the Xbox One's DDR3, so the PS4 has much faster RAM, but how much that changes thing's remains to be seen.

The PS4 also has more compute units than the xbox one (50% more)

So yeh.....the Xbox One is a good console for gaming, but PS4 beats it regardless, how much so is still a mystery :D

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I'm boycotting this console and sticking to my PC, if I wanna jam console, I'll just stick to my 360.

#!

They are using the same processor more or less cept the PS4 is clocked higher.

But PS4 has DDR5 RAM as opposed to the Xbox One's DDR3, so the PS4 has much faster RAM, but how much that changes thing's remains to be seen.

The PS4 also has more compute units than the xbox one (50% more)

So yeh.....the Xbox One is a good console for gaming, but PS4 beats it regardless, how much so is still a mystery :D

A small correction, PS4 is not using DDR5, it's using GDDR5 (which is based on DDR3).

I'm not an expert so I can't explain in what they differ (other than GDDR being used only in GPUs for the most part), but a rapid google search found me this:

The principle differences are:

•DDR3 runs at a higher voltage that GDDR5 (typically 1.25-1.65V versus ~1V)

•DDR3 uses a 64-bit memory controller per channel ( so, 128-bit bus for dual channel, 256-bit for quad channel), whereas GDDR5 is paired with controllers of a nominal 32-bit (16 bit each for input and output), but whereas the CPU's memory contoller is 64-bit per channel, a GPU can utilise any number of 32-bit I/O's (at the cost of die size) depending upon application ( 2 for 64-bit bus, 4 for 128-bit, 6 for 192-bit, 8 for 256-bit, 12 for 384-bit etc...). The GDDR5 setup also allows for doubling or asymetric memory configurations. Normally (using this generation of cards as example) GDDR5 memory uses 2Gbit memory chips for each 32-bit I/O (I.e for a 256-bit bus/2GB card: 8 x 32-bit I/O each connected by a circuit to a 2Gbit IC = 8 x 2Gbit = 16Gbit = 2GB), but GDDR5 can also operate in what is known as clamshell mode, where the 32-bit I/O instead of being connected to one IC is split between two (one on each side of the PCB) allowing for a doubling up of memory capacity. Mixing the arrangement of 32-bit memory controllers, memory IC density, and memory circuit splitting allows of asymetric configurations ( 192-bit, 2GB VRAM for example)

•Physically, a GDDR5 controller/IC doubles the I/O of DDR3 - With DDR, I/O handles an input (written to memory), or output (read from memory) but not both on the same cycle. GDDR handles input and output on the same cycle.

The memory is also fundamentally set up specifically for the application it uses:

System memory (DDR3) benefits from low latency (tight timings) at the expense of bandwidth, GDDR5's case is the opposite. Timings for GDDR5 would seems unbelieveably slow in relation to DDR3, but the speed of VRAM is blazing fast in comparison with desktop RAM- this has resulted from the relative workloads that a CPU and GPU undertake. Latency isn't much of an issue with GPU's since their parallel nature allows them to move to other calculation when latency cycles cause a stall in the current workload/thread. The performance of a graphics card for instance is greatly affected (as a percentage) by altering the internal bandwidth, yet altering the external bandwidth (the PCI-Express bus, say lowering from x16 to x8 or x4 lanes) has a minimal effect. This is because there is a great deal of I/O (textures for examples) that get swapped in and out of VRAM continuously- the nature of a GPU is many parallel computations, whereas a CPU computes in a basically linear way.

Source.

Woops missed the G :D

Anyway it basically means the PS4 can drive higher resolutions better than the xbox, so I expect games to look better on PS4 depending if the developer does it properly and takes advantage of it.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Correct, gjrud.

One thing that the CPU does not like, it's GDDR5. The CPU will struggle with it. Hence why we don't use GDDR5 in our computers. It's a horrible idea.

Sony did it, probably to get a better price on the GDDR5 memory, as they get to order even more. Of course the CPU won't magically turn into a GameCube processor performance. It will still be quiet fast, but I expect that the performance drop will put the PS4 at the same game level as the XBox 360, much like this generation.