Battlefield Hardline...

minimoose

Thoughts?

Personally, I think that using the name Battlefield is just pure EA BS, but the actual game could be a nice departure from the standard war game, especially if they have some kind of Need for Speed type chases.  However I guess we will have to see, and by see I do not mean the 2:00 trailer at E3, I mean raw gameplay from journalists.  

"... Need for Speed type chases..."

Do you know how awesome this could be if we had some FPS Team Death Match style game with Battlefield quality (even though Hardline isn't being made by DICE), that was like Twisted Metal, albeit less crazy and more tactical (i.e. Humvee with M60 VS Humvee with M60). 

That would be some legit stuff right there. Maybe add some Search and Destroy or similar capture the objective missions to it. 

... I need this.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

"... Need for Speed type chases..."

Do you know how awesome this could be if we had some FPS Team Death Match style game with Battlefield quality (even though Hardline isn't being made by DICE), that was like Twisted Metal, albeit less crazy and more tactical (i.e. Humvee with M60 VS Humvee with M60). 

That would be some legit stuff right there. Maybe add some Search and Destroy or similar capture the objective missions to it. 

... I need this.

YEAH!  Like CS:GO style maps, with Battlefield gameplay and cool cars and stuff.

It may be this, Rumor is EA bought it.

The Kickstarter was shut down suddenly and the developers said there would be an announcement

that was 2 years ago.

It was intended to be a mix of Battlefield and GTA

Thoughts?

Personally, I think that using the name Battlefield is just pure EA BS, but the actual game could be a nice departure from the standard war game, especially if they have some kind of Need for Speed type chases.  However I guess we will have to see, and by see I do not mean the 2:00 trailer at E3, I mean raw gameplay from journalists.  

I would have preferred if the game was called Hardline, then had a subtitle of "A Battlefield game/title"...

Seems less like an blatantly obvious yearly cash in, but hey, this is EA so no matter what title they give it, it's definitely a cash-grab.

I would have preferred if the game was called Hardline, then had a subtitle of "A Battlefield game/title"...

Seems less like an blatantly obvious yearly cash in, but hey, this is EA so no matter what title they give it, it's definitely a cash-grab.

I totally agree, but the game could be cool.

I totally agree, but the game could be cool.

I concur, I'm actually intrigued by the potential game modes that could come about from the new take on the series.

However, if I've learned anything from my years of gaming and many disappointments, it's that you really should reserve judgement until waaaaay later, so I'm withholding my excitement.

I concur, I'm actually intrigued by the potential game modes that could come about from the new take on the series.

However, if I've learned anything from my years of gaming and many disappointments, it's that you really should reserve judgement until waaaaay later, so I'm withholding my excitement.

for sure, ahem "watch dogs" ahem