Is it a good idea to install Cyanogenmod on the Note 3?

Sup guys.

I've never done anything with android rooting, loading custom ROMs, or anything of the sort before. I have heard that Cyanogenmod is a good alternative to stock Android, so I think I might go about installing that on my AT&T Galaxy Note 3 (Its the 16GB model with 4G). However, people have told me that the build for the Note 3 is extremely unstable, but some have said that its fine, however, I think I'd like to hear your guy's opinion on it.

Also, will following the directions here:  http://beta.download.cyanogenmod.org/install be sufficient for the installation on my Note 3? Like I said I have never rooted any android device ever so I don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks in advance.

PC Specs

PC Specs - CPU: Intel Core i7 3970X @ 3.5 GHz CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Graphics Card: x2 NVidia Geforce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked Editions Watercooled by Corsair HG10 N780s w/ Corsair H90s Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD w/ 1TB WD Blue HDD 7200 RPM HDD  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79  PSU: NZXT HALE90 V2 NP-1GM-1200A 1200W Audio: Mayflower Electronics Objective2 Bamboo Amplifier w/ Mayflower Electronics ODAC & Mayflower Electronics Modified Fostex T50RP Headphones V3 w/ Antlion Mod Mic Case: Fractal Design Define R5 OS: Windows 7 Professional Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical w/ Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad Keyboard: Camo Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless  w/ Cherry MX Black switches w/ Custom Keycaps Monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p 1ms response time 144hz + 2 other monitors

Sup guys.

I've never done anything with android rooting, loading custom ROMs, or anything of the sort before. I have heard that Cyanogenmod is a good alternative to stock Android, so I think I might go about installing that on my AT&T Galaxy Note 3 (Its the 16GB model with 4G). However, people have told me that the build for the Note 3 is extremely unstable, but some have said that its fine, however, I think I'd like to hear your guy's opinion on it.

Also, will following the directions here: http://beta.download.cyanogenmod.org/install be sufficient for the installation on my Note 3? Like I said I have never rooted any android device ever so I don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks in advance.

I had rooted phones but I would suggest not to root coz u really don't get anything except some stuff a week or so early.Won't suggest at all.

unless you hate touchwiz and really want stock android, you don't need cyanogenmod, and it's more hassle than it's worth. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I would like to get cyanogenmod on the g2, but the hassle is great.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

unless you hate touchwiz and really want stock android, you don't need cyanogenmod, and it's more hassle than it's worth. 

So how would I go about getting rid of touchwiz and all of the bloat that comes preinstalled on the Note 3?

PC Specs

PC Specs - CPU: Intel Core i7 3970X @ 3.5 GHz CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Graphics Card: x2 NVidia Geforce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked Editions Watercooled by Corsair HG10 N780s w/ Corsair H90s Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD w/ 1TB WD Blue HDD 7200 RPM HDD  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79  PSU: NZXT HALE90 V2 NP-1GM-1200A 1200W Audio: Mayflower Electronics Objective2 Bamboo Amplifier w/ Mayflower Electronics ODAC & Mayflower Electronics Modified Fostex T50RP Headphones V3 w/ Antlion Mod Mic Case: Fractal Design Define R5 OS: Windows 7 Professional Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical w/ Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad Keyboard: Camo Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless  w/ Cherry MX Black switches w/ Custom Keycaps Monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p 1ms response time 144hz + 2 other monitors

So how would I go about getting rid of touchwiz and all of the bloat that comes preinstalled on the Note 3?

well, you could get a new launcher for starters. 

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/23/4132926/nexus-look-on-any-android-phone

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Carbon ROM is now available for the note 3. I think you should have a look, considering that you can truly unlock that beast phone when it doesn't have something like touchwiz holding it back.

I had rooted phones but I would suggest not to root coz u really don't get anything except some stuff a week or so early.Won't suggest at all.

lol wut?

I would like to get cyanogenmod on the g2, but the hassle is great.

It wasn't that bad. (I have the G2 as well, although have the Verizon - VS980 - version.)

I just used some program that I downloaded from XDA that rooted my phone for me. After that I used the app FreeGee to install TWRP 2.6.3. Downloaded the ROM and GAPPS that I need, then moved them to my phone's SD card. After that, went into TWRP, did a wipe, then installed the ROM and GAPPS. Boom, done. 

Unfortunately though, CyanogenMod doesn't work 100% on the G2 (at least not on the VS980 version), but then again, a lot of ROMs don't. The only ROM that I found to work 100%ish was AICP, and even though all of the features and whatnot work, it freezes up quite a bit, and every once in a while I'll get a random restart. The random restarts were MUCH worse on CM though. 

COMIC SANS

It wasn't that bad. (I have the G2 as well, although have the Verizon - VS980 - version.)

I just used some program that I downloaded from XDA that rooted my phone for me. After that I used the app FreeGee to install TWRP 2.6.3. Downloaded the ROM and GAPPS that I need, then moved them to my phone's SD card. After that, went into TWRP, did a wipe, then installed the ROM and GAPPS. Boom, done. 

Unfortunately though, CyanogenMod doesn't work 100% on the G2 (at least not on the VS980 version), but then again, a lot of ROMs don't. The only ROM that I found to work 100%ish was AICP, and even though all of the features and whatnot work, it freezes up quite a bit, and every once in a while I'll get a random restart. The random restarts were MUCH worse on CM though. 

This is for 4.4.2? of stock.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

This is for 4.4.2? of stock.

Oooooh, you have the latest build from your carrier. I did this back when the phone was still on Jelly Bean.

I'll look around for you, but I gotta know which version of the LG G2 that you have. 

COMIC SANS

Oooooh, you have the latest build from your carrier. I did this back when the phone was still on Jelly Bean.

I'll look around for you, but I gotta know which version of the LG G2 that you have. 

D801.

If you consider yourself the "average" smarthpone user, i would say leave it as is, maybe get a custom launcher or something. If you really want to unlock the full potential to your phone then put a custom ROM on it. There are a ton of ROMs out there with many different featuresets. Custom Roms give you a lot more customization and are more the "pure" android experience without bloatware. On the other hand its risky and might be very complicated to do(varies from phone to phone)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Carbon ROM is now available for the note 3. I think you should have a look, considering that you can truly unlock that beast phone when it doesn't have something like touchwiz holding it back.

If you consider yourself the "average" smarthpone user, i would say leave it as is, maybe get a custom launcher or something. If you really want to unlock the full potential to your phone then put a custom ROM on it. There are a ton of ROMs out there with many different featuresets. Custom Roms give you a lot more customization and are more the "pure" android experience without bloatware. On the other hand its risky and might be very complicated to do(varies from phone to phone)

My Note 3 is AT&T so its the N900A model or something like that and it has 4.4.2 Kit Kat. Is there a way to root it? I really would like to get rid of all the bloat and stuff and possibly install a custom ROM like the one you suggested somewhere down the road. I have been reading on the XDA forums and they're saying that there is some locked boot loader or something that is preventing the AT&T model from being rooted.

PC Specs

@Kooldown sadly i have no idea about the at&t stuff, i live In the EU :-) to be honest though if you can't find any solution on xda im not sure where to redirect you.

Edit: theres a whole page with a full forum just for the att note variant. Take your time im sure you'll find a solution there ;-)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

I know I am late, very late, but there is Go Launcher, and its Premium thing is free for now.

http://www.androidauthority.com/go-launcher-ex-gets-new-update-prime-version-free-june-1st-387444/

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8