Case for a storage server

OK a small update: I got pretty much all the hardware i need. Now to the most serious problem with which i could need some help. I need a case since I'm not able to get my hands on one of those iStarUSA S-919. Maybe you guys know a good storage case for: 12 3.5in Seagate Constellation ES.3 drives and 6 10k rpm 2.5in SAS drives. It's going to be a m-ATX board in it, it cannot be any wider than 21cm/8.26in. Maximum depth is 60cm/23.6in and it can be up to 50cm/19.6in high. It has to get air from the front or the bottom since both sides will be blocked by a wall to the right and a cabinet to the left with like 0.3 mm space to the sides if the case is going to be 21cm wide. It's either fully internal drives or fully external drives by using HDD hot swap cages in 8 or more 5.25in drive bays (these).

Any idea what to get?

I started a thread about a FreeNAS build here but i ran into problems getting the Case i desired, so I'm opening a thread here as well to solve that problem.

/edit: budget is up to like 1000$ if import is needed

My builds:

'Baldur' - Data Server - Build Log

'Hlin' - UTM Gateway Server - Build Log

Not sure how expensive it'll be in Germany, but the Fractal Design Node 304 and the upcoming 804 is what you want. They are probably the best case for this scenario.

EDIT: The Node 304 is a mini-itx case, but the 804 is a m-atx. 

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-804

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Not sure how expensive it'll be in Germany, but the Fractal Design Node 304 and the upcoming 804 is what you want. They are probably the best case for this scenario.

EDIT:

It's 250mm/25cm wide, too much for me so it isn't a solution but thanks for the advice

My builds:

The Switch 210 is good, shitloads of drive bays.

for this goes the same. It's a last resort for me but what I want is at least some solution to exchange HDDs quickly. Hot swappable

If not internally then with drive cages in 5.25 drive bays but definitely something with a backplane

My builds:

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

Yep, that's a good one. Is there one with a front door available? To reduce the noise? It's going to run in my living room so I'm going to put noise reduction fleece into it. If I'm going to put the HDDs into those cages I would prefer a front door to put some fleece on it as well...

I mean, it's getting noisy else

My builds:

Yep, that's a good one. Is there one with a front door available? To reduce the noise? It's going to run in my living room so I'm going to put noise reduction fleece into it. If I'm going to put the HDDs into those cages I would prefer a front door to put some fleece on it as well...

I mean, it's getting noisy else

no sorry, cant find any

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

no sorry, cant find any

Pretty hard, right? Like I said, I found the iStarUSA S-919 but it's 1. BTO 2. not available in my country 3. not even available everywhere in the US (weird, right? I wanted to import it and everybody i know happens to live somewhere where it's not available...)

My builds:

In case I'm unable to find a suitable case: does somebody know where to get a 'relatively' cheap custom built case?

My builds:

Pretty hard, right? Like I said, I found the iStarUSA S-919 but it's 1. BTO 2. not available in my country 3. not even available everywhere in the US (weird, right? I wanted to import it and everybody i know happens to live somewhere where it's not available...)

its really unlucky, that iStarUSA s919 seems pretty much perfect!

its really unlucky, that iStarUSA s919 seems pretty much perfect!

pretty much, yeah, I'm looking for a similar case to that one....

My builds:

Here's an option, will need to have different drive sections but will seem to do it?

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-v1110/

A bigger version of the 1100, the 2100, I like the wheels as this thing is heavy and easier to move around. http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-v2110/

all end of sale...

and i allready explored the Lian-Li catalogue and found nothing that suits my taste, mostly because there just wasn't anything available that 1. got enough bays or 2. that has got enough bays but too large in size as well....

It's more like i spent like half a week already on this problem so i think i've got seen everything from the more common manufacturers but i thought maybe sb does know a niche manufacturer that offers something i need

My builds:

Lol Corsair 900D and buy tons of extra HDD bays

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Lol Corsair 900D and buy tons of extra HDD bays

252mm width, i need 210mm or smaller

My builds:

ok seems like i have to build one from scratch :(

My builds:

ok seems like i have to build one from scratch :(

I'm assuming you've contacted iStar directly and asked about

this?

Aside from that, yes, I can't really find anything else that

suits the bill.

Don't be sad though, building custom cases is awesome. Lots

of work, but awesome! :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I'm assuming you've contacted iStar directly and asked about

this?

Aside from that, yes, I can't really find anything else that

suits the bill.

Don't be sad though, building custom cases is awesome. Lots

of work, but awesome! :D

i contacted like 10 resellers but i didn't contact iStarUSA. HMMNnnnnnnnn... maybe.... hmmmn somehow i skipped the most simple step LOL I'm stupid

If that won't work out it's gonna be the custom built case. I'll do my very best for it. It won't be a flashy triple SLI uber LED water-cooled build but it's gonna be a good thing...

My builds:

i contacted like 10 resellers but i didn't contact iStarUSA. HMMNnnnnnnnn... maybe.... hmmmn somehow i skipped the most simple step LOL I'm stupid

Hehe, it happens. Best of luck then! :)

If that won't work out it's gonna be the custom built case. I'll do my very best for it. It won't be a flashy triple SLI uber LED water-cooled build but it's gonna be a good thing...

It needs to get the job done, that's what matter most I'd say.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic