Laptop suggestions please. [Long lasting, power efficient for multimedia and browsing]

Kyodo

I'm trying to find a laptop for my brother.

It will mostly be used for browsing and mainly media [playing tv shows/movies]

-14' or more

-Long lasting battery, very important.

-If it has a dedicated GPU it should be from Nvidia 7xxm or 8xx as a bonus. [i put battery/power effieciency, over that, but since dedicated GPUs are able to be turned off, I wouldn't mind, having that option]

- 4GB of ram or more.

Budget is preferably around 800$ but can go up to 1100$.

What do you consider a "long lasting" battery?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

What do you consider a "long lasting" battery?

At least 5 hours off charge, but the more the better. I know I can just buy a battery bank but if the laptop eats up power then it's still not good.

Does it need to be portable because looking at that price range and battery life you're basically looking a ultrabook 

Does it need to be portable because looking at that price range and battery life you're basically looking a ultrabook 

Well not really, it can weigh 4kg or something, as long as it fits in a bag its fine.

Go and buy a dell ultrabook.. they are great at battery.. not so much for specs.. but for pricepoint they're not too expensive at all.

Well not really, it can weigh 4kg or something, as long as it fits in a bag its fine.

trust me on this a 4Kg ( 4.5Kg in my case) laptop is not something that you want to be lugging around much and finding a bag for it that lasts more than 6-8 weeks is hard i would go with what slenderman379  said buy a dell ultrabook  and whilst personally id go with other makes ultrabooks there out of your $1100 max i think ( having no clue what the us price for it is )

Your best bet is an ultra book. Check out the lenovo yoga pro 2. Great value windows machine, however the wifi card stinks, but I believe you can upgrade it yourself.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |