I cant get dirt showdown or dirt 3 to work

LOST TALE
Go to solution Solved by LOST TALE,

Problem solved, thought about sharing to help more :D

I remember I dsiable some services on startup via admin planning panel.

The answer may lie within, are other shaving this problem on the same page of disabled services?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I remember I dsiable some services on startup via admin planning panel.

The answer may lie within, are other shaving this problem on the same page of disabled services?

That seems a bit extreme just to get a game to run

is it  on an external drive if so try moving it to the same drive windows is on non of my uplay games and saints rows work on external drives also skyrim doesnt have sound but moving them did fix it

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

is it  on an external drive if so try moving it to the same drive windows is on non of my uplay games and saints rows work on external drives also skyrim doesnt have sound but moving them did fix it

On the main OS C drive that steam is on for me at least

Well saints row 3&4 had no problem, yes I have em on my SSD :wub:

On the main OS C drive that steam is on for me at least

Well it seems it worked for one, might work for more.

I also have only cache on OS and dedicated SSD partition.

Dirt 3 real dirt lol, but it looks like an awesome game, the dirt showdown was awesome.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

yes it does. I have all of the prerequisites and it refuses to launch fully. its been a while so I dont exactly remember precisely what it did and what the error was but I did find numerous of the same thin on the net dealing with it.

That did work and 7 has very little problems with that. In 8 I have to many programs to run that way all the time due to how it handles a Admin vs the Administrator. Its closer to XP did it which is actually preferred the issue is that so many programs have been made for vista/7 were that was different and Admin=Administrator.

I can't remember either, i remember i ahd problems with one of the Dirt games, and problem was GFWL, but i also can't remember waht was the problem.

OP try things suggested, it may also require C++ redist. not sure about version, it should be on download location or DVD (since it is steam it should be in DL, i don't use steam, so really don't know about it).

• 3 weeks later...

What fixed it?

What fixed it?

Did exactly as instructed in the embed youtube video.

Need more exactitude?

Did exactly as instructed in the embed youtube video.

Need more exactitude?

ok

nope