"Best" Video Editing Software?

CCap

Hello Forum:

I am just curious as to, in your opinion, what the best video editing software is. I hear Sony Vegas Pro is popular, but I want to hear your take on it. I am going to take the legal route on whatever program I decide on, so some reasoning as to why it is the best would give me some peace of mind on a $500 application.

Thanks  ^_^

//ccap

The 3 best and top rated:

1. Final Cut Pro

2. Adobe Premier Pro

3. Sony Vegas Pro

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

It somewhat depends on what you're doing with it. Do you need to do any post processing? Do you need to add effects? Do you just need to cut/splice/edit?

MrYuriy gave you a good generalized answer to your generalized question; If you can identify what you wish to accomplish in your process you can likely get a more detailed answer with perhaps a cost/feature pro/con analysis as well.

Sony Vegas Pro is a little easier to learn and get used to but I prefer Premiere Pro because its integration with my other adobe products, like After Effects.

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

Corsair CX2500 W | 15TB WD Green | Noctua NH-D24

I really like Adobe Premiere.  It generally can do anything that I need, which is just editing for tv purposes, but like Alpha17x said what program you buy really depends on what you need to do.  I don't know if I'd go with Final Cut Pro mainly because, just from what I've heard from friends who have the new version, it is really bad and just messy in general.  Good luck with the search.

I use NCH videopad for my editing. I'll be giving Final Cut a shot for my next uploads. 

Videopad is super easy to use and supports every format i've thrown at it.

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

Premiere Pro is the king, but you really need to justify the cost. What kind of editing are you going to do? If it's light editing, then something like a Magix Movie Edit Pro is enough. It's easy to learn as well and price is fair.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.