Analyst: Upgrades of Apple iPad in 2014 may seem minor, but they are important (yeah right)

KakaoDj

Linux isn't popular enough?! I can guarantee to you that there are many millions more Linux machines out there than Windows ones! But that's just nitpicking... I know what you mean. :P

Pretty much ever server runs Linux but yea you obviously know what I mean.

Uh , really well? I mean look at these few features added to mavericks that really helped performance. It is a very smart OS

Plus current gen macs all have PCI- based SSDS giving 700-1000mbs read/write speeds

http://www.apple.com/uk/osx/advanced-technologies/

What does "Power Smart" mean. Apple's lack of understanding of the english language says it all. No but really that is really cool. The only problem is though is that you would have to buy a new iMac or whatever to take advantage of this. Why on earth would any one care about this if they are using a previous gen mac. You can't effectively upgrade an iMac to take advantage of this. linus has 8 something SSD's in RAID 0 with read and write speeds equal to this.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Pretty much ever server runs Linux but yea you obviously know what I mean.

Not just servers. Try Spacecraft, Missiles, Satellites, TVs, Washing Machines, Phones, Routers, Cars, Planes, Tanks... Linux is the most widely used OS/Kernel in the world.

Not just servers. Try Spacecraft, Missiles, Satellites, TVs, Washing Machines, Phones, Routers, Cars, Planes, Tanks... Linux is the most widely used OS/Kernel in the world.

I was going to say all of them but I didn't want to waste your time. I think my mouse even runs on linux. Also I think the PS3 runs on Linux.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

What does "Power Smart" mean. Apple's lack of understanding of the english language says it all. No but really that is really cool. The only problem is though is that you would have to buy a new iMac or whatever to take advantage of this. Why on earth would any one care about this if they are using a previous gen mac. You can't effectively upgrade an iMac to take advantage of this. linus has 8 something SSD's in RAID 0 with read and write speeds equal to this. 

For the SSD yes

But Pretty much all macs since 2006/2007 can upgrade to mavericks for free so get the same advantages (timer coalescing, app nap, compressed memory etc). Apples OS is completely free now 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii