Gigabyte's Z87X-UD3H Revealed (Tweak Towm)

Its nice to see a "classy" motherboard its not all flashy and it looks nice.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Gigabyte seems to be doing the right things. The color scheme looks amazing. Couple that with the High-resolution UEFI and I can see the board being a HUGE success  :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Can the motherboard makers make a board in the 1155 or 1150 socket WITHOUT VGA n DVI

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

It's interesting to see a mosfet heatsink seeing as haswell has vrm built in now

Can the motherboard makers make a board in the 1155 or 1150 socket WITHOUT VGA n DVI

you need dvi for surround. and its still a viable thing, vga on the other hand

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

They have, It's called socket AM3 ;)

Great colour scheme Gigabyte has chosen to go with.

They've come so far with how they design their boards that I might just get myself one of them when I move on to Haswell

Plus that new Bios oooo. Gigabyte you are tempting me

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I just want to see the completed Z87X-OC board already. That UEFI BIOS looked amazing and their new software has me excited. Will take the leap to Gigabyte with 1150.

surround on integrated graphics.......  :D, seriously though, DVI and VGA no longer have a point being on the rear IO for desktops. A simple HDMI and Display port connector would be better and take up less room. Notebooks and Ultrabooks which are mean't to be portable are a different story for VGA

On a seperate note, the UD3H is looking good, personally I want to see what the UP5/potential UP7 looks like  :D

The motherboard looks amazing. The color scheme is awesome. I love the black PCB, combined with grey and blue. :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

I hate to say it again, but...

37568121.jpg

It's up to you now, MSI... and EVGA I guess.  If they can sort out the other problems they've had.  Being EVGA maybe they'll even throw in a right angled 24-pin connector... :D

Seriously though, Gigabyte could have swapped the position of the supplemental SATA power and made that one straight up so it wouldn't block the mounting hole, and the put a right-angled USB 3.0 header where the SATA power is.  Since the connectors on the SATA power cables themselves are right-angled on a lot of power supplies, it would have worked out nicely... and as for blocking the mounting hole hopefully builders would have screwed in the motherboard before plugging in their power cables...

On a more positive note though I love the look of this board.  Much less flash than what we've seen so far (ASRock put up a nice show too actually).  The fully black PCB I like though.  The black/grey theme I love and the solid-style heatsinks are very nice looking.  Overall I like it.  The dual USB 3.0 headers are welcome as well, maybe we'll start seeing cases with 4x front USB 3.0 now.  Dual BIOS again is nice, the only complaint I have is again the red power button... so out of place color-wise -__-

really nice. gigabyte boards have been looking better and better.

doesn't haswell have built in vrm? whats the deal with the heatsinks?

really nice. gigabyte boards have been looking better and better.

doesn't haswell have built in vrm? whats the deal with the heatsinks?

They're for the MOSFETs and chokes.  VRMs is just a part of the power delivery, not the whole thing  ;)

This board is a total non-factor for me. The other manufacturers are getting rid of Sata II, this one still has Sata II on it. Not a big fan of the colour scheme anyway. What's with VGA NOT DYING ALREADY?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Most of us have a mechanical hard drive or two anyway, so SATA II isn't that much of an issue.  Z87 supports 6x SATA III natively so it's not like your losing SATA III ports for SATA II, they could have easily just stuck with the 6x SATA III ports alone.  Agree with the VGA thing; just put in DVI-I and be done with it, free up some space.  Or just drop it completely.

That looks very good considering the low price.

but it looks ugly! there's only a handful of mb's out there that I can think of that doesn't have DVI or VGA and they are both ASUS boards. (sabertooth n the rog)

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

I hate to say it again, but...

37568121.jpg

It's up to you now, MSI... and EVGA I guess.  If they can sort out the other problems they've had.  Being EVGA maybe they'll even throw in a right angled 24-pin connector... :D

Seriously though, Gigabyte could have swapped the position of the supplemental SATA power and made that one straight up so it wouldn't block the mounting hole, and the put a right-angled USB 3.0 header where the SATA power is.  Since the connectors on the SATA power cables themselves are right-angled on a lot of power supplies, it would have worked out nicely... and as for blocking the mounting hole hopefully builders would have screwed in the motherboard before plugging in their power cables...

On a more positive note though I love the look of this board.  Much less flash than what we've seen so far (ASRock put up a nice show too actually).  The fully black PCB I like though.  The black/grey theme I love and the solid-style heatsinks are very nice looking.  Overall I like it.  The dual USB 3.0 headers are welcome as well, maybe we'll start seeing cases with 4x front USB 3.0 now.  Dual BIOS again is nice, the only complaint I have is again the red power button... so out of place color-wise -__-

didnt even notice till you said something.

from what i can see, every Z87 motherboard looks the same as the last gen, just different chipset, north bridge and USB 3.0.... then again thats how it is every year... still looks really nice and clean

Character artist in the Games industry.

Hopefully gigabyte's Z87 boards are just as great for hackintoshes as the Z77s are.

What I would really like would be better onboard sound and built in wifi in a $150-170 board. That could slaughter the competition. 

But I wonder, where is the msata? 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Hopefully gigabyte's Z87 boards are just as great for hackintoshes as the Z77s are.

What I would really like would be better onboard sound and built in wifi in a $150-170 board. That could slaughter the competition. 

But I wonder, where is the msata? 

The UD3H isn't their highest end board and they usually don't have mSATA on it.

from what i can see, every Z87 motherboard looks the same as the last gen, just different chipset, north bridge and USB 3.0.... then again thats how it is every year... still looks really nice and clean

Actually I like the heatsink design on this much better than Gigabyte's Z77 boards.  And Intel boards haven't had northbridges for years O.o