WD WD10EZEX 1TB vs Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB

Im think of buying one of those two HDDs but I dont know which. They have exactly the same parameters like storage, cashe, RPMs, and SATA3 the only difference (I think it is one) is the different manufacturers so could you give me some advice.  Thanks in advance.

Seagate has a much bigger fail rate. I suggest WD all the way!

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

The WD WD10EZEX is most commonly referred to as a "WD Blue" and the Seagate ST1000DM003 is most commonly referred to as the "Seagate Barracuda"

WD Blue HDD's are the 'old reliable' hard drives. They give you all the performance you could want from an HDD and isn't terribly loud. Also, WD Blues are known for reliability over the long haul, hence the nickname of old reliable. Its competitor that you have listed (Seagate Barracuda) is known to be noticeably louder and not as reliable (so it is more of the old 'get off of my lawn' hard drive, if you will). It has a tad higher failure rate when matched it its opponent, which should be noted. As far as performance goes, you would correct to say that they are equal.

I purchased a Seagate Barracuda 2TB off of Newegg on black friday for quite a steal and I can back that they are pretty noisy.

//ccap