Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Choose Laptop

Planned on building a desk pc but i did not like the idea of having 2 separate systems. 

The laptop should have no dedicated GPU. I will connect it to a Razer Core and use it for GPU Intensive works. I just want a laptop which has a good screen with no thick bezels and lots of CPU Horsepower. unless Razer is going to release Core v3 with external GPU AND CPU. The laptop should not be too bulky either. IO doesn't matter. The core has plenty of USB Type A ports and ethernet. Again the laptop should have the best CPU without thermal throttling. The 9th gen laptops are not out yet :/

Most of the high end pc have some sort of dedicated gpu like MX150 to start.

That is because intel integrated gpu is just weak.
And you won't get no gpu on high end laptop, you can find non gpu on office laptop unit which is budget class.

The closest thing to answer your question is a ryzen 2700u laptop, 4 core 8 thread.

The option for it : Ideapad 720s or HP 13 envy x360, sleek and light but still powerful.

IDK if its compatible with razer core.

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

23 minutes ago, _ashwin_ram said:

I will connect it to a Razer Core

You need TB3 then

24 minutes ago, _ashwin_ram said:

I just want a laptop which has a good screen with no thick bezels and lots of CPU Horsepower

If you want best CPU, XPS 15 9570 iGPU model. Under $1k

If you can live with KBL-R/CFL-U, Ideapad 720s 13 and Yoga 730 13 are good budget choices for eGPU setup

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold