Samsung Galaxy S5 tipped for April by Samsung exec

PillowSmoke

galaxy-820x420.jpg

Samsung has some of the most popular smartphones on the market with its Galaxy S series of devices. Currently the Galaxy S4 is one of the most popular smartphones from Samsung. Reports are now coming in from a highly placed Samsung executive that the next generation Samsung Galaxy S smartphone will be coming in April.

Samsung's executive vice president of mobile business said during an interview with Bloomberg on January 6 that the Samsung Galaxy S5 would be launching in April. Lee noted that Samsung launches a new flagship model around the first half of each year.

Lee also tipped that the S5 won’t be the only thing coming in April. The executive also said that a Gear successor will be coming then as well. The Galaxy Gear successor will have more advanced functions and a new design with less bulk than the original.

The Galaxy S5 is expected to have a different design than its predecessors. Some people complained that the S4 looked too much like the Galaxy S3 it replaced. Lee says that the S5 will go back to basics and be "mostly" about the cover and display. There is also an indication that Samsung may be looking at some sort of eye scanning tech. Samsung had previously said they would launch a new smartphone in 2014 with a 2k display. That could well be the S5.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Samsung galaxy S series is like Xmas.

There is one every year.

More like Easter since it comes in April/May ;)

Anyway: I've got the S4 myself so I think I am set, but if it turns out to be amazing a prescheduled upgrade is not unheard of :)

Will they though continue with the plastic or shall we finally see some metal?

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Samsung galaxy S series is like Xmas.

There is one every year.

well every company releases a flagship each year to, like the iphone

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

$5 says the only change will be to the button placement

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

$5 says the only change will be to the button placement

yea... I'll ask my cousin maybe 2 months or so. Because usually he has the prototypes. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

My upgrade is in May so this is going to be a good time since all the new phones will be out by then.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360