Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posaible Computer upgrade

ZeusXI

Alright. So I'm kinda wanting to upgrade my pc, but not sure what to do.

I want to upgrade the RAM, but I also kinda want to liquid cool the CPU.

Case:  ncase m1 v5

Cpu: ryzen 1600

Gpu: evga gtx 1070 hybrid

Psu: corsair sf600

Ram: corsair 2400mhz 16-16-16-39

Mobo: asrock fatal1ty ab350 gaming itx-ac

I'm thinking of getting better ram because ryzen does better with higher clocked ram as well as lower timings, but I kinda want to cool the CPU so i can move stuff around and have more airflow and cooling for everything even though everything already keeps cool in most games (empyrion is unoptimized so it gets a little toasty, 50c-55c, while other games are 45c and under)  

What do you guys think? I do enjoy my 1070 so I dont think I'll upgrade that at all.

i dont think the 1600 is a CPU you want to watercool.
under 60 in games is aight for the CPU.

if I HAD TO chooce something it would be the RAM. but it is only worth it if you are selling the old one or using it somewhere else.

Also you didnt tell us how much ram you have. if you are running 1 8GB stick single channel, get another 8GB but we cant advice you on that

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

Just now, BelgianNoise said:

Ram size

Sorry about that. I'm running 2x8Gb sticks.  And yeah. That's what I was thinking of upgrading. Just wanted some insight. I do have another system that I have been putting together for my family to use since they sometimes use my computer, it does use ddr4 and I was thinking of buying new ram for me, and use the 16gb for the other pc.

I am looking at some corsair 2x8Gb 3000mhz 15-15-15-39 right now for 114$, but I dont see why 3200mhz at those latencies going for 150$

1 minute ago, ZeusXI said:

Sorry about that. I'm running 2x8Gb sticks.  And yeah. That's what I was thinking of upgrading. Just wanted some insight. I do have another system that I have been putting together for my family to use since they sometimes use my computer, it does use ddr4 and I was thinking of buying new ram for me, and use the 16gb for the other pc.

I am looking at some corsair 2x8Gb 3000mhz 15-15-15-39 right now for 114$, but I dont see why 3200mhz at those latencies going for 150$

At those prices i would go for the 3000MHz. the performance from 2400 wont be that noticeable to the eye tho. so really only do it if you really have those dollars

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

1 minute ago, BelgianNoise said:

At those prices i would go for the 3000MHz. the performance from 2400 wont be that noticeable to the eye tho. so really only do it if you really have those dollars

Would it prevent the CPU from stuttering in games? I've noticed recently that certain games have have a slight lag spike but I'm not sure its ram stability or not? But otherwise, I'd get 3000 anyways due to what I just said about the family computer

17 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

Would it prevent the CPU from stuttering in games? I've noticed recently that certain games have have a slight lag spike but I'm not sure its ram stability or not? But otherwise, I'd get 3000 anyways due to what I just said about the family computer

even 2400MHz shouldnt give you lagg in game.