Will this sticker on m.2 ssd void warranty on my asus laptop if removed? + cpu undervolting

maxiobor
Go to solution Solved by Arika,

depends on your country.

in some countries, the "warranty void if sticker is removed" is effectively irrelevant. however be prepared to fight to a warranty repair since they will most likely still tell you "sticker is broken, we're not fixing it" so you'll have to work for it and go through a number of consultants until you find one that caves.

undervolting will not cause any harm to the hardware or void warranty, if you lower it too much it will just shut down, then you just need to tweak the undervolt a bit until it's stable

Hello,

so recently I bought Asus ROG GL503VM-FY079T with m.2 128 gb ssd and 2.5" 1TB HDD and I wanted to replace the 128 gb ssd with 500 gb nvme ssd for extra speed and storage but when I opened the quick access area for ram, ssd and hdd I noticed that there is a sticker with exclamation mark over the ssd screw.

So my question is do you think that is the infamous warranty void if removed sticker?

And second question I thought about cpu undervolting so I would like to ask what are the risks of it and could it also void my warranty?

Thank you for any help in advance.

20181123_002102.jpg

20181123_002236.jpg

depends on your country.

in some countries, the "warranty void if sticker is removed" is effectively irrelevant. however be prepared to fight to a warranty repair since they will most likely still tell you "sticker is broken, we're not fixing it" so you'll have to work for it and go through a number of consultants until you find one that caves.

undervolting will not cause any harm to the hardware or void warranty, if you lower it too much it will just shut down, then you just need to tweak the undervolt a bit until it's stable

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

You'd have to ask Asus to be sure, but I got the similar FX503 as they list on the page how easy it is to access the components with one screw.

Undervolting is temporary, any problems reboot and as long as you haven't told the software to re-apply the settings on boot, you can try different settings. Worse that will happen is you get a crash.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Make sure to check up on your countries laws to know if it matters.

As for whether it is or not, best way'd be to just contact ASUS. Better safe then sorry (as even if your country doesn't count the stickers, the company will likely try their hardest...)