Can my PC run a GTX 1070 TI?

Go to solution Solved by Smeltie,

yes you should be able to run a gtx 1070ti.
a hardware configuration basically never restricts a videocard (apart from bottlenecks)
Only real thing to consider is usually the power supply.

But the reccomended psu for a setup like yours is 500 watt.
But before you go out and get the graphics card, get a new psu aswell, the one you have might be 500 watts, but it seems like a very cheap grey psu.
i highly reccomend geting a new one, because i wouldn't trust  such a cheap grey psu near my precious components.

As for psu reccomendations @LukeSavenije can probably give you the tier list.

I was planning on buying myself a GTX 1070 TI, but I'm not very good at assessing the hardware in my computer. I've looked at the official recommendations, but am turning to you guys for further opinions.

16GB RAM/64 bit

CPU : IntelCore i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (6-pin Connectors)
PSU : AL-D500EXP 500W 

I'm terrible with hardware so if there's anything else you need to know just ask, and I may or may not be able to get back to you.

Thank you for your time.

a hardware configuration basically never restricts a videocard (apart from bottlenecks)

But before you go out and get the graphics card, get a new psu aswell, the one you have might be 500 watts, but it seems like a very cheap grey psu.
i highly reccomend geting a new one, because i wouldn't trust  such a cheap grey psu near my precious components.

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

3 minutes ago, Martijn Klerks said:

@YTDoc Yes, it would be best to change the PSU. Here is the Tier List at first page. Select any tier 1,tier 2 450-550 W psu from the list.

12 minutes ago, Martijn Klerks said:

Thank you very much for the quick and comprehensive reply! I'll do just as you said.

8 minutes ago, Settlerteo said:

@YTDoc Yes, it would be best to change the PSU. Here is the Tier List at first page. Select any tier 1,tier 2 450-550 W psu from the list.

Thank you as well! I'll take good care to look at these and select a proper PSU before grabbing my graphics card. 

I'm giving a little different recommendation. Look into at least 450 as your system will pull about 300-350 watts. Tier 3 or higher. Something like a cx(m) would be really nice, and they are on sale at the moment. Something higher than that is mostly for a better build quality, higher efficiency, more wattage, less noise. You can't go that much cheaper becouse you should NEVER cheap out. You can ask me if you want to know more options, just ask.