No audio from mobo

I don't know what caused it, but I'm not getting any output anymore from my motherboard's rear and front IO anymore... In audio devices they would still show up as not connected. After installing the drivers for my motherboard (ASRock AB350 Pro4) the device shows up as connected (even when it's actually not...). But still the only thing I hear is some weird pops as if somebody is ticking with his fingers on a table inside the speaker (recording attached as file). When I try to open the Realtek audio configuration menu it keeps 'reloading audio devices' and I keep getting notifications saying 'an audio device has been connected' and immediately afterwards 'an audio device has been disconnected'...

Things I've tried:

• Reinstall drivers (didn't work)
  • Try different audio device (used my G430, and it works with the USB dongle; not when plugged in the front or back audio jacks)

Has anybody experienced this before? Up until I figure out what's going on I'll have to live with connecting my speakers to the G430's USB dongle.

Audio pops.m4a

On 11/21/2018 at 9:56 PM, NorthLake said:

I don't know what caused it, but I'm not getting any output anymore from my motherboard's rear and front IO anymore... In audio devices they would still show up as not connected. After installing the drivers for my motherboard (ASRock AB350 Pro4) the device shows up as connected (even when it's actually not...). But still the only thing I hear is some weird pops as if somebody is ticking with his fingers on a table inside the speaker (recording attached as file). When I try to open the Realtek audio configuration menu it keeps 'reloading audio devices' and I keep getting notifications saying 'an audio device has been connected' and immediately afterwards 'an audio device has been disconnected'...

Things I've tried:

• Reinstall drivers (didn't work)
  • Try different audio device (used my G430, and it works with the USB dongle; not when plugged in the front or back audio jacks)

Has anybody experienced this before? Up until I figure out what's going on I'll have to live with connecting my speakers to the G430's USB dongle.

Audio pops.m4a

?