Looking for a new tablet

Hi, 

Im currently looking for a new tablet and I’m either going to go with the basic 2018 iPad or the tab s4 as both are around the same price (iPad would be 128gb plus an Apple Pencil brings up the price to match the tab s4).

it will be used mainly as a multimedia device and for drawing so support for a pen/stylus is mandatory 

I use a iPhone XS every day but I’m open to using an android tablet if it’s a better value. 

Which one do you guys think is a better value or do you know of anything better? My budget is €600 

for clarification, that article doesn't specifically say that android tablets won't be a thing anymore, but with the iPad you'll at least know that you'll get updates for a while. 

She/Her

In my experience Android has never been a proper fit for a tablet. The iPad should be a good tablet for your use case. The only thing I greatly dislike about the non-pro iPads is the horrendous speakers, but that's just me being a nitpick.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Go-Intel-Pentium/dp/B07G2T5NY9/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542793659&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=surface+go&dpPl=1&dpID=41XN%2BiHtSiL&ref=plSrch

Surface go perhaps? Its a pretty neat package

This budle should include everything you would need

nvm you probably have to get the 4GB 128gb model instead to fit the pen

Edited by GoldenLag

48 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

considering google isn't focused on tablets anymore, i'd say go with the ipad for better software updates in the future... 

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/03/09/google-gives-up-on-tablets-android-p-marks-an-end-to-its-ambitious-efforts-to-take-on-apples-ipad

17 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

In my experience Android has never been a proper fit for a tablet. The iPad should be a good tablet for your use case. The only thing I greatly dislike about the non-pro iPads is the horrendous speakers, but that's just me being a nitpick.

I’m actually leaning towards the tab s4, it has most of the features I’m looking for and because it’s android it allows for different movie apps that aren’t available on apple devices for various reasons (that’s a huge thing for me because Netflix is usually pretty scarce with things I actually want to watch). 

Software updates arent too high on my list of priorities as long as it does everything I need it to do. Realistically I’ll only be keeping it for a year or two before upgrading 

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Go-Intel-Pentium/dp/B07G2T5NY9/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542793659&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=surface+go&dpPl=1&dpID=41XN%2BiHtSiL&ref=plSrch

Surface go perhaps? Its a pretty neat package

This budle should include everything you would need

nvm you probably have to get the 4GB 128gb model instead to fit the pen

Not a fan of windows on a tablet, iOS or android are all I’m really considering. A couple people in work use surface pros as their work computers and I’m just not that impressed by them